anyone ordered off the boots UK website

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Busy Mom Posts: 2910
and got the stuff delivered to a northern irish shop and picked it up there? was it worth it? i think we'll save a fortune doing it. i'm thinking of ordering pretty much everything we need and picking it up in Sept.
fxfor3 Posts: 2347
I thought they would deliver to your house in the republic? Otherwise would you not go up north and do all the shopping in one day as i thought the prices would be the same as the uk site up there? It definitely will work out cheaper whatever way you decide to do it we are soooo ripped off in this country.
gemini chica Posts: 2581
I did this and saved a fortune, went into Boots.com then put in the shop you choose as the delivery address and then just went and collected it, far better imo as otherwise you could drive up and half the stuff not in stock, I ordered it to Sprucefield in Lisburn where I found Sainsbury's great and Toys 'r' us too. Further than Newry but no queues or crowds, well worth the extra few mins drive as they are a big retail park, everything in Newry were small branches!
Diamondz Posts: 2208
If you are planning on making a trip up north there is a Boots store at Sprucefield (depending of course on where you are travelling from).. there is also a babies r us nearby for anything that boots might not have.. prices are pretty competitive there (oh and Argos too, which is much cheaper than Argos here)..
Busy Mom Posts: 2910
if you ordered off the UK site they'll only deliver to UK addresses. the savings are impressive. the avent IQ sterliser is €83 here and is i think £42 there!! we have 3 big purchases to make - sterliser, breast pump and angelcare monitor and over these three alone we'll save €60. so i'm gonna order EVERYTHING from them - all the way down to cottonwool, infacol etc and at least i know they'll have it all bagged and ready to go and all we have to do is collect it. they'll hold it for you for 2 weeks after its ready. plus i was in town yesterday having a look around and the heat nearly killed me - so i was thinking the bigger i get the harder it'll be getting around so i want to make it as easy as possible
Diamondz Posts: 2208
I didn't realise you could collect online orders from the store.. think that's a fab idea Baby.. think I'll be doing that too!! Thanks for the tip :thnk