Anyone puffy?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Ducky Posts: 2506
The great water retention has started...hands and feet noticeably swollen in mornings and at night. Face sometimes a bit too. Nothing major but looks yuk and hands are quite stiff too. Anyone else?
mad woman Posts: 22106
be careful of that ducky, get it checked out if you are getting really bad.
babe06 Posts: 898
My Mum was swollen like a ballon on all 5 pregnancies - especially the twins when she went over two weeks! She had to wera wellies to my sisters communion. i'm the exact same as her in every way - and guess what the water retention has started already!! i'm not kidding. In the vening I get all puffy and sore (like i used to on steriods for asthma) and the imprint of my underwear when i take it off is hilarious. I wont be one of those lovely woman who bloom!
babe06 Posts: 898
oh and i'm going to be 9 months gone at my sisters wedding - the same sisters whos communion it was!! Big joke in our house aboiut the wellies at the moment!!
EEk, you poor thing. Mine not too bad, thank God, just a bit tight with the rings and feet mad for slippers of an evening. I suppose this means the micro minis have to go in the cupboard? :o0
bellabella Posts: 2750
Ducky plenty of water,fruit,more rest and try to keep legs elevated as much as you can and cut out salt.
bree Posts: 1880
i seem grand in this department thankfully !! tho sometimes do think my face looks like crap - but its that flushed' look thats doing it i think...
Hepburn Posts: 4081
Ducky can I just ask how you would have fared on a city break a couple of weeks ago? I will be going to Paris when 31 weeks pregnant. How were your energy levels, bladder etc? Maybe I would be better off not knowing.... :o0
bree Posts: 1880
i went to Rome a few weeks back @28wk pregnant & was grand.. energy levels perfect.. think im only going downhill now.. then again when its a breal away & not work your going to your energy levels are gonna rise anyhow!!!
Honestly, I felt brilliant all over Christmas at 29-32 weeks, full of energy and great form. Felt far worse and more tired between 26-29 weeks to be honest. Bladder-wise, I needed the loo about once an hour or less, not too bad. Main problem is finding walking any distance at all hard, so don't traipse around too much - get cabs! I'd say you should be fine.