anyone recommend a florist in galway?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

jenr Posts: 313
Hi all, starting to panic now about getting a florist, last big thing i should have sorted by now! I had planned to go to the wedding show in leisureland but didnt know it was on til week before so now have to go pick one myself! Maddens and knocknacarra florists were sugested but need feedback as ill have to choose before i go see them!!
MrsK07 Posts: 454
Hi jen-r, Exciting times ahead. We had Flower Haven in Oranmore. Gerry is the guy who runs it. He is really nice and easy going. His flowers are fab and you get so much more than what you pay for. Everything was so fresh, no brown tips to be seen anywhere. I haven't got the number to hand but I'm sure its in the book. Definitely think you should consider him before any of the bigger ones in town. I wouldn't get flowers from anyone else now
Thanks Mrsk07 I would like someone like that, im not from Galway, wedding is in salthill, is oranmore close enough for delivery or pick up? ill google it now, i was just googling the others and no help at all!! I love flowers but not gonna be a big part of the wedding, the church is Augustians in town and is laid out different so focus wont be on aisle and flowers! any suggestions on colour to go with shamrock green dessy dresses would be very welcome too?
Whitsundays Posts: 10
Hi I got married over christmas and used Branch flowers and can't rate them highly enough they were beautiful and had touches in them I wouldn't have thought about one meeting and that was it. hight recommend.
Sinead Nic Gabhann Ceremony Singer Posts: 1274
Hi, You should give Bernadette a call, from www.weddingflowersgalway.com, she is very good, excellent flowers and service. She even stays until the bride arrives to the church to make sure she is totally happy with the flowers. She drops off all the flowers to your house or hotel on the morning of the wedding and she collects the flowers after the church and brings them to the hotel for you!! Also she is a lovely person to deal with. Have a look at the website anyway!! Sinead
Cudsxxx Posts: 208
Hi We have booked Go Dutch in Salthill. The guy was very nice and had great, very creative, ideas. I was very pleased with the price too.
I went with Gerry in Flower Haven, he has been great to work with and i trust 100% the flowers will be fantastic and he really knows his stuff with flowers and the church in general so Im more than happy with my choice!
JHK Posts: 53
If you're still not sure, ring Owen in Thistles in Tuam, don't know if its too far out for you but he is a dream to work with, he's doing my flowers in Oct, can't wait to see them, he'll deliver to my house and church the morning of to make sure the ends are dry and won't stain dresses etc. PM me for details if you're interested. Good Luck