Anyone recommend a good read?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Daisywall Posts: 577
I love books and I have just had a run of bad luck with the last few I read. Enjoyed ROOM and since Ive read a few that were just a bit rubbish, so keep reading my pregnancy books before sleep, which is making the weeks go by very slowly!! Any one recommend a book?
jan8 Posts: 554
the glass castle by jeanette walls
I Dream in Disney Posts: 1592
Any Marianne Keyes. What kind of books do you normally like?
Happymammy2010 Posts: 837
I would recommend anything by Lesley Pearse, I have read all of her books and I am nearly finished her new book "Belle" - if you liked Room you will love her books.
NAUGHTYDAISY Posts: 1734
When I seen the title of this thread I instantly thought Room but as you said you have already read it. Read a book called " A thousand splendid suns" lately that was excellant. Another really good read is "Love in the Present Tense" and "Pack up the Moon". Cannot remember any of the authors but you can google them.
babymomma Posts: 175
The last three I read were: The Help - Kathryn Stockett One Day - David Nicholls Never Let Me Go - Kazuo Ishiguro Enjoyed all three but would have to say One Day was my favourite. Really enjoyed that. I've no book at the moment, will be keeping an eye on this thread for any good recommendations!
NaughtyDaisy thanks, I have read and enjoyed all of those! They were all great reads. Haven't read lesley Pearse so will try these maybe. I have read jeannette's first book -w ild horses one and loved it, so must try her next one. Thanks for the ideas girls! I like lots of different types, but not mad about romantic fiction really.
babymomma, LOVED "the help", it was brilliant, so must try ONE DAY if you think it's even better! Thanks
babymomma Posts: 175
Yeah, loved The Help too. I don't know, One Day just hit a spot for me. I'm 34 years old and a lot of it is set in the '90's so I could relate to it so maybe it's an age thing. Both very different books but equally great I'd have to say. Only finished Never let Me Go the other night and I'm still not sure what I thought of it. I enjoyed reading it but it left me a bit cold iykwim. After The Help I've a hankering for something set in the south. Any ideas?
I'm in my 30's too, so should ind it interesting. And I don't have a set type of book I like, just whatever hits home, so will try that one. Do you know the author? Thanks