Menu

Anyone recommend a nice hotel in paris?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

rock-n-roll-wife Posts: 6579
hubby wants to stay near the moulin rouge..is that the monte marte region? any hotel recommendations gratefully accepted though! xx
clucky Posts: 26471
i stayed near La Republique not sure what area that is - was tres tres handy for metros though
stockbroking bride Posts: 2642
There is a great little hotel that I've stayed in about 100 metres away. Villa Royale is a 4 star right beside the Metro at Pigale - the rooms are small but the decor is stunning and the location is tucked between the tourist centre of Montmatre and a working red light district. I stayed there with my mom for her 60th birthday and we both really enjoyed the hotel and the location.
islandfun Posts: 3054
[quote="stockbroking bride":2qpue3nt]There is a great little hotel that I've stayed in about 100 metres away. Villa Royale is a 4 star right beside the Metro at Pigale - the rooms are small but the decor is stunning and the location is tucked between the tourist centre of Montmatre and a working red light district. I stayed there with my mom for her 60th birthday and we both really enjoyed the hotel and the location.[/quote:2qpue3nt] how much was that approx sbb ? it looks lovely.. Is it noisy because of the metro? thanks :thnk
oooo thanks sbb i'll check that out.. yours too cluck... cheers ears! xx
stockbroking bride Posts: 2642
Metro is underground at that point so you don't hear anything from the trains. Pigelle gets a little noisy at night but it's not bad and to be expected when staying in the centre of a city - the hotel windows have double glazing so that helps as well. When I stayed there I got the room through Lastminute.com and if I recall correctly it was about €125 or so per night. HTH
islandfun Posts: 3054
thanks sbb and sorry for the hi-jack rock-n-roll-wife! When are you off to Paris?
not til november.. flights booked...just browsing hotels.. its our replacement honeymoon seeing as i was lucky enough to get bronchitis on our first one.. :o0
graceface Posts: 3632
[quote="rock-n-roll-wife":2ucgmunz][b:2ucgmunz]hubby wants to stay near the moulin rouge[/b:2ucgmunz]..is that the monte marte region? any hotel recommendations gratefully accepted though! xx[/quote:2ucgmunz] erm, is it only me who's heard this, but isn't that in the red light district?? :eek or maybe I'm just putting dampers on your plans... ...or maybe I've just watched the movie one too many times... :o0 either way have a lovely time hun, Paris would be[i:2ucgmunz] fab[/i:2ucgmunz]!!
yup...tis in the red light district... >:o)