Anyone recommend video monitor with movement mat?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

ozzy08 Posts: 272
Hi Im looking for recommendations for a video monitor with movement sensor mat. The angel care seems to be around 300 euro. I was wondering are there any cheaper alternatives? Thanks
momof3 Posts: 510
Think that's the only option. I use the older angelcare and summer monitor for when they're moving around .
BusyMom Posts: 717
Not wanting to scare you but... On a side note to this monitor - I did a kiddy first aid course recently and the instructor was giving out about these - she said that they're sold with no education to go with them, so they may aswell not be used at all! God forbid your baby does stop breathing while in their cot, the buzzer goes off. It's certainly not a case of you running up to them, shaking them and all is well again! The nurse who gave us the course (which included CPR for babies) said that she has even approached the distributer of this product in Ireland and asked them to include an DVD showing how to perform CPR on your baby if the buzzer does go off and they have stopped breathing! So if you do decide to get it, please find out how to perform CPR on a newborn - our instructor recommended the videos on the American Heart Foundation's website if you can't find a course! No harm to know how to do it, even if you don't use this monitor!