Anyone seeing stars?!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

boodlesdoodles Posts: 900
This has only happened to me twice, and while i thought it might be a migraine coming on, it went as quickly as it started and no migraine appeared. Its like little flashes or sparks in my eyes, is the only way i can describe it, almost like a firework going off, happens when i move my head or eyes from one side to the other, then within seconds its gone. Could it be a blood pressure thing? I didnt feel dizzy or weak, but on both occasions it happened when i got up from sitting. Am i the only weirdo out there? :o0
ohsotired Posts: 7071
That happened to me on Friday morning - think it was my blood pressure - happened as I went from sitting to lying down!!
BusyMom Posts: 717
Has been happening me now and again in the shower for some reason! Judging on who is involved in this thread so far, maybe it's a "due in May" thing!!!
PaniniRoses Posts: 3628
I've had it a few times, I think it's a drop in blood pressure as I usually feel quite dizzy when it happens.
strangeangel Posts: 1269
Yes, I get it if I bend down to do something and then come back up quickly.
katiemomma Posts: 2690
I get it as well with and without dizziness. When I am moving too fast or sitting to standing. I have low blood pressure and low iron. Think it can be linked to blood pressure.
dancerformoney Posts: 2733
Def linked to blood pressure. Every time I went in for checks when I was being monitored for Pre-eclampsia, they were very interested if I had flashy lights in eyes. I never did but had elevated bp and protein in urine. I would maybe mention it at next appt or if it happens before then, ring dr/midwife.
rosiemama Posts: 3363
i had this in both pregnancies caused by low BP - dehydration can lower your BP so make sure and drink plenty of water and get lots of rest. and def say to your midwife at your antenatal appt so they can keep an eye on it.
HelenOC Posts: 96
I've had this a few times and I constantly have black dots in front of my eyes. I'm told it's just low blood pressure.
Mommy2Two Posts: 704
Yes, this is usually a low BP sign, which is why I ignored it for weeks on DD. Turned out I had pre eclampsia and then developed HELLP, so in my case it was a sign of high BP. You'd have other symptoms too - a severe upper abdominal pain was my main symptom. Headaches are also common. You must have protein in your urine to be diagnosed. BP would be higher than is normal for you - but mine wasn't unusually high really. It's probably nothing but do mention it to the midwife and make sure she dips your urine and takes your BP.