Anyone sell their wedding dress

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

McMummy Posts: 1041
Just been looking on buy and sell and was thinking has anyone actually sold their dress on there. I am kinda thinking of selling mine but haven’t completely decided yet it, part of me doesn’t want to let it go but I suppose that’s silly. It’s just hanging in my wardrobe and I’m not going to have a chance to ware it again. Are their any bridal stores that buy second hand dresses?
clucky Posts: 26471
I gave mine to oxfam
Missus Lippy Posts: 5879
Will PM you.
Thanks Lippy, I sent you a pm
MRSWJ Posts: 540
I got mine preserved and boxed. I know I will never wear it again but I couldn't part with it. Its my wedding dress :o( :o( Its in a lovely box now in my wardrobe and you get white gloves in the box so you don't dirty it, just in case you want to touch it :o0
Barbalou Posts: 1617
HI MRSWJ who did that for you and was it expensive...
Has no one sold their dress? Don't be shy :thnk
pluto Posts: 3893
I haven't even LOOKED at mine since the wedding. Its still hanging in a wardrobe in my mothers house. I really need to think about what I'm going to do with it. Don't think I could part with it though, I'll probably do what MRSWJ did. My mother still has her dress in a box and it's in perfect condition. I keep meaning to try it on :-8
MRSWJ Posts: 540
[b:gl7pp6m4]MollieR Wrote:[/b:gl7pp6m4] [quote:gl7pp6m4]HI MRSWJ who did that for you and was it expensive...[/quote:gl7pp6m4] I had it done in Couture Care. It costs €200.00. Worth it to me cause I'll always have my wedding dress. In 3 weeks I'll no longer be a newly wed :o( Maybe I'll wear it on my anniversary :o0