Menu

Anyone stayed in Kinnitty Castle or similar hotel?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

katiemomma Posts: 2690
Hi just wondering is this a nice hotel to stay in. from reviews its pretty mixed so was hoping a wollie could settle it for me. Or would you reccomend another castle or similar hotel for 2 nights of rest and relaxation for our 2nd anniversary
SimoneP Posts: 57
Hi I'm biased becausee I love Kinnitty Castle. Its my venue for next year and we stayed there a few months ago to check it out. I loved it because its nice and relaxed- my kind of place. The floor boards are creaky and we had a minor hot water problem but I like the olde worldy charm!!! If you're not into that you could try another favourite of mine which is Knockranny House in Westport. I don't know where you are based so it may be too far away but it is amazing. It's not a castle but its really luxuious and the food is great. If you are going get a Tower room if you can. Have a great weekend
katiemomma Posts: 2690
Hi thanks. we are trying any hotel that has a good deal. if its closer to kerry than one night will do and we can go early or if a bit further away we will stay 2 nights depends on price and whats included tbh. we were just in westport for easter with our dd so we would like somewhere different but I do agree it looks fab! another time. Thanks