Anyone stayed in Lyrath??

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

ReginaFalange Posts: 10290
Hello lovely ladies!! Thinking of booking a nice romantic night away for me and DH and was thinking of Lyrath in Kilkenny? Looks lovely. Anyone any feedback on the hotel or the restaurant?? Thanks :thnk :thnk
cabbagehead Posts: 3899
I've never been there, but my parents have and they LOVED it. They have been there a few times (once for a wedding) and they said it was really lovely (and they are hard to please :o0 ) Are you going for the whole weekend? If you're looking for a nice meal in Kilkenny, one of my favourite restaurants ever is Fleva (it's on the High Street). The food is excellent and I love the atmosphere. It's also the restaurant where OH and I had our first ever Talk about one day getting married, so it has a spectial place in my heart :xox
Thanks for the top tips Cabbage! :thnk :thnk
SandyClaws Posts: 3108
Sorry to disappoint Cabbage, but Fleva is gone.... Ive been to lunch in lyrath and it was fab, Also used the spa once for the hydrotherapy suite and it was amazing... im planning a return trip. Im from KK columbo so any Qs given me a shout
cabbagehead Posts: 3899
[quote="PrincessGoatTheDote":gjscbnil]Sorry to disappoint Cabbage, but Fleva is gone....[/quote:gjscbnil] Nooooooo :eek :eek :eek :eek :eek :eek :eek :eek :eek :eek :eek We went there for [i:gjscbnil]years[/i:gjscbnil] with my family as a treat when we were visiting my grandparents (my parents are both from KK, c'mon the cats :o0 ) and I was planning on taking OH there again over Easter. Such a lovely restaurant! That is SUCH a shame :o(
cheers PGTD- my family dont live too far from KK so I'd know it well enough. Just never been to Lyrath. Looks fab though so think we'll give it a shot!
broodyboots Posts: 93
The Thai restaurant in Lyrath is gorgeous. . . . afternoon tea is delicious too. For nice food in town - Rinnucinis is a lovely italian, Lautrecs is good too. Check and see if there is anything good on in 'The Set' theatre for the weekend you are down they often have good music or comedians on.
Sodapop Posts: 3220
Hi we stayed in the Lyrath - it was an engagement present from Parents-in-law - it was lovely! what a beautiful hotel and we stayed in a suite - it was unbelievable!! We ate in the Thai restuarant and it was delicious. They also have a great cocktail bar! the grounds are beautiful to - be sure to take a walk around!!
Babyloco Posts: 964
Ah, its a fab hotel, we loved it -i cant wait to go back. The restaurants are fab and the staff were lovely-id highly recommend it. I could live in one of their hotel rooms very happily. :heartbeat:
veryvalentino Posts: 259
The Lyrath is gorgeous, very busy hotel though so that slightly can take away from any romance I always feel! No recession there! Spa and grounds are fab. Campagne in Kilkenny is amazing too for dinner if you venture out.