Anyone stayed in the Ramada in Wicklow?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

DublinGirl Posts: 1307
Hi girls, Just thinking about going away for a few days with hubby and the 2kids and the Ramada seems like a lovely place to stay plus seem to cater well for kids etc etc. Just wondering has anyone stayed there and if so would they recomend it? Also, what is Bray like as a town? Is it nice, friendly etc etc...ie. suitable for kiddies? Thanks girls... :wv
SaraD08 Posts: 1795
Do you mind if i ask you, is it the ramada on the southern cross in bray? If its the above one... then i wouldnt its a dump to be honest, not thats close to bray either. The sea front is ok in bray but run down....sorry to say its a rough old spot and not really good for a family holiday... ;o( You would be much better off trying wexford or somewhere for a family holiday? or
[quote="SaraD08":5ykkji8u]Do you mind if i ask you, is it the ramada on the southern cross in bray? If its the above one... then i wouldnt its a dump to be honest, not thats close to bray either. The sea front is ok in bray but run down....sorry to say its a rough old spot and not really good for a family holiday... ;o( You would be much better off trying wexford or somewhere for a family holiday? or [/quote:5ykkji8u] Oh SaraD08....My heart has just sank.....I only saw your reply now and I have just booked the hotel for 3 nights B&B about 2 hours ago...... :o( :o( :o( I was delighted with myself and then when I saw your reply I nearly died....What shall I do? Should I cancel? :o( It's the Ramada Woodland Cour in Souther Cross alright!!! Why may I ask do you say the hotel is a dump? Is Bray really that rough? Why do you say not really good for a family holiday???? I have a 9 year old and a 2 year old.....AND NOW I'M WORRIED OUTTA MY HEAD!!! It's not too late to cancel as I do not get charged once I've cancelled with in 48 hours or something to that effect.... Can anyone else back the above posters comments before I cancel!!! We haven't had a holiday in ages especially with hubby being out of work and it is such a treat for us to be going away for a few day and I really don't want it to be a disaster and a few days in hell!!!! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE someone tell me what to do now!!!!
dancerformoney Posts: 2733
i would agree with the other girl. its more like a stop off hotel. really like an ibis or travel lodge and bray isnt the nicest town. if your driving it would be grand cause ya can go to glenroe farm in kilcoole and greystones is gorgoeus. what about the glenview hotel? its lovely and in gorge location. what kind of price are you looking at? druidsglen resort is in kilcoole, think their family room is 130 per night (i think) and you get brekkis included for kids under 12. sorry but i dont think the ramada would be nice for family hol. my advice would be to cancel. :o( sorry.
Just cancelled there now...boo hooo... :o( :o( :o( I lost my booking deposit of €30 :o( :o( :o( Sure I suppose it's betterthan getting up there and regretting the whole few days and having to pay in full.....Thanks SaraD08 and Private Dancer...... :o( :o( :o(
dancerformoney Posts: 2733
i think that was wise, you would prob be miserable there. have you thought of anywhere else?
SaraD08 Posts: 1795
[quote="DublinGirl":hvnuxkcs]Just cancelled there now...boo hooo... :o( :o( :o( I lost my booking deposit of €30 :o( :o( :o( Sure I suppose it's betterthan getting up there and regretting the whole few days and having to pay in full.....Thanks SaraD08 and Private Dancer...... :o( :o( :o([/quote:hvnuxkcs] Dont stress... :thnk i am sorry if i upset you... but honestly you got an easy escape.... :o( Have you tired the above?? Ive never been but hear its very family friendly.... appear to have great deals :lvs Family Room with Breakfast from €139 per night (2ad + 2ch) Self-Catering River Apartments 2-bedroom | sleeps family of 5 3 Nights from €550 (1st - 13th Aug from €600) Hope you get away somewhere nice.... if we can be of any help just ask :thnk