Anyone staying in Hotel for Christmas?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

meandmyself Posts: 149
Anyone know of any hotels open for Christmas? I have found a couple online but it's hard to find many.Obviously it's Christmas so most of them are closed!!!! Anyone out there have any recommendations?
Annajoly123 Posts: 601
I have stayed in Lanzarote twice with OH. we got a great deal on both occasions in the San Antonio hotel! Hope that helps! :)
galwaygirl2010 Posts: 2447
The Radissons usually open for Christmas (at least the one in Galway does). We were in Limerick yesterday and saw The Strand advertising Chritmas dinner for 89e per person - courses and all day entertainment.
ceewa Posts: 478
i think the hayfield manor in Cork is open, i saw brochures for Christmas stays last year when we were there. The Strand in Limerick is open this year, i got an email from them a few weeks ago, we had our wedding there and the food is fab, i've been back for lunch and dinner a few times since
SunnyK Posts: 3834
I did it last year with my Mam.... stayed in Dunboyne Castle and it was awful! Wouldn't be bothered doing it again. The only others in the hotel were a large group of elderly people on a bus tour type thing. The food was dire and the atmosphere was non existent! It might be better in a more central hotel that would attract more tourists and that but it wasn't for me anyway! I do remember looking last year though and there were loads open - all the big ones in Dublin city were anyway. Where abouts are you looking for?
ceewa Posts: 478
The Westport Plaza is open for Christmas too, thats a lovely hotel