Anyone suffering from SPD ???

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

SaJa Posts: 4282
Just wondering if anyone is suffering from SPD and can tell me what the symptoms are. I have awful pain in my pubic bone. I've had it on and off for the last few weeks but its terrible today. Its not sore to touch or anything but I just have constant pain today which is moving out over my hips and into my back. I had an awful stab of pain last night when I turned over in bed which woke me up. I have been climbing in and out of the back of DH's jeep for the last few days as I can't drive my own car on the snow/ice so maybe I've made it worse. I have physio on Friday so can't wait to see if they can do anything for me.
redwifey Posts: 2932
Hey S I've been suffering with pelvic pain for a while now, I am stiff and sore when I get off my chair at work and turning over in bed. Seems to be getting worse as the baby gets bigger unfortunately. I didn't have this with DS so it's obviously because my muscles are weaker this time around I'd say. The joys! How are you otherwise?
[quote="redwifey":3clbrfpr]How are you otherwise?[/quote:3clbrfpr][quote="redwifey":3clbrfpr]I am stiff and sore when I get off my chair at work [/quote:3clbrfpr] Ya, I'm definitely feeling the pain then and the pressure of the bump when I stand. [quote="redwifey":3clbrfpr]I didn't have this with DS so it's obviously because my muscles are weaker this time around I'd say.[/quote:3clbrfpr] I didn't have this with DS either but did suffer with a very mild bit of pelvic pain after DS was born which took about 6 weeks to go. [quote="redwifey":3clbrfpr]How are you otherwise?[/quote:3clbrfpr] Otherwise I'm grand. Feeling really tired for the last few weeks. Been falling asleep on the couch at 9pm every night nearly. That is so unlike me. How's things with you ???
Ettienne Posts: 139
Hey there, I have spd too. Have had it since about 20 weeks. It does sound alot like it and your physio on friday will tell you for sure. They can do some exercises with you and gice you a support belt to help the pelvis pain when walking. I find a hot water bottle at my back is soothing while sitting on the couch. And lots of pillows in bed, between the knees and a small one under the bump, along with sitting down to put on leggings, socks and shoes helps a bit too. One thing to look out for, I was in terrible pain when walking and waking at night with severe stabbing pains and put it down to the spd. It got so bad I called the hospital and they told me to go in. Turns out I had a uti and had to take antibiotics. Just check with your doc for sure it is just the spd. hth and you feel better soon. :action32 :wv
rosiemama Posts: 3363
i suffer from SPD too, had it in both pregnancies although its a bit worse this time, prob cos muscles and joints are weaker as redwifey said. the only thing i'm clinging to is that after i had DS it went away pretty much straight away. one of the things the physio told me was that getting in and out of a jeep can make it worse so i'd say it could def be that thats triggering it for you. physio, support belt, exercises, gym ball, pillow between your legs in bed as ettienne said all help and make it more manageable but it won't go away completely until after baby is born so make sure and take it easy.
[quote="Ettienne":18656hdl]And lots of pillows in bed, between the knees[/quote:18656hdl] I put pillow between my knees last night and it made a huge difference. It also helps with the restless legs. [quote="rosie_mama":18656hdl]one of the things the physio told me was that getting in and out of a jeep can make it worse so i'd say it could def be that thats triggering it for you.[/quote:18656hdl] DH's jeep is only a 2 seater so with DS in the front I've been hopping into the back and sitting on the floor, it really didn't help.
athas Posts: 240
I had SPD on my last pregnancy, tip for getting into cars - Try to sit your bum on the seat first and then swing your legs in after (putting something like a plastic bag on the seat can help turning). Do the same getting out. Seperating your legs and puitting all the weight on one leg will make things way worse. As the others said physio will be able to help with belt etc. Hope it eases a bit for you!
Just been for physio. The right side of my pubic bone is out of line so she put that back in, gave me some exercises to do each night and gave me a support belt to wear when walking, shopping, housework etc. Have to go back in 2 weeks for a check up.