Anyone testing? - Page 3

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

mc Posts: 9
Hey girls I am new on this site, just sent a post to get a bit of info and thanks to mrs. peg she helped me out, but I have a few more questions and would appreciate some advice, my AF is due on Sunday and religiously every month for about over a week I always get a brown discharge but this month I havent - also have really bad lower back pain which I never get and a few cramps but not the normal period craps, I was constipated for a few days as well but it seems to have passed - breasts are sore but then again thats a symptom for AF as well my partner and I arent trying but we were uncareful on the bank holiday Monday and when I checked the ovulation calculator on the VHI site, that day was my most fertile day we thought we were been careful but we werent - my head is a bit wrecked cos all these aches and pains are new to me do you reckon I should do a test before Sunday or wait till ?? any advice will be greatly appreciated
Mrs Peg Posts: 1778
Hi mc, You poor thing - i'm sure you don't know whether ur coming or going. It's so hard to distinguish between af symptoms and pregnancy symptoms, as they can often be so similar. There really is no way of knowing without doing a test - if you're not due until Sunday, it might be a bit early to test. I know it's hard but if you could hold out until the weekend, at least the test should be more accurate - otherwise you may get a neg result and still be pregnant if you know what I mean. I hope it works out the way you want it to - I suppose bottom line there is a chance you could be pregnant if you did the deed around your fertile time but a test is the only way to know for sure. Keep us posted.
Thanks yet again mrs. peg I dont know whether I am making myself worse and just trying to find symptoms but I definitely will do a test if I dont see AF, what about first response are they any good?? Its just that I have a wedding to go to tomorrow and I am afraid to drink in case if I did first response first thing tomorrow morning would it show up??
First response claim they can tell up up to 4 days before your af is due but from what the girls have said on here, i think clearblue is more accurate. If you have a wedding, there's definitely no harm in testing first thing tomorrow but just to bear in mind that it could show up negative even though u may be pregnant. Go off and enjoy the wedding either way - at least it will take ur mind off things. The best of luck mc!
thanks mrs. peg I will try the clearblue instead first thing in the morning I dont mind either way because I am not ttc but its not like we are kids we will manage we just bought our first place together so at least we have a bit of stability if it was the case I will let you know how I get on! cheers for the advice take care Mc
Mrs. Taz Posts: 1216
Good luck to all the ttc gang testing this weekend, i have a bit of a wait yet. Only on CD12. :lol:
bridezilla2008 Posts: 34
I got my BFP last Thursday night! I'm 5wks +3 days today going to my GP Friday. I'm nervous enough as I've had 2 mc's in the last year. No spotting at all this time (so far) but have slight abdominal pains. Like Garfields thread, I think it's also more IBS than anything else. The last few mornings I've woken up at 6.30am with pains but as soon as I go to the bathroom the pain goes away. It still hasn't sunk in yet, I haven't told anyone only H2B. I'm sure its a boy cos I've broken out in spots and when I was expecting my daughter my face was crystal clear. EDD is 29th April 2007 so hopefully he'll be walking up the aisle with us in 2008!
ah congrats bridezilla - great news!! hope ur doing well and have a happy and healthy 9 months :)
Mrs.Dee Posts: 372
Congrats Bridezilla. Am delighted for u and H2B. Hope you have a happy & healthy pregnancy.
charmed Posts: 105
Congrats Bridezilla. Wishing you a happy and healty nine months. O:o) Our dates are fairly close I am due on the 25th April! Exicting times ahead