Anyone thinking about having chinese lanterns??

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

TracyBarlow Posts: 943
Might want to think again!
lux Posts: 6270
I think these are so pointless-I always think letting half drunk people set things on fire is not the best choice to make to celebrate a wedding!!
gottabfp Posts: 5641
oh my god the poor child, We let one off halloween night, nice to look at but i wondered where do they go? anyone? prob a silly question
Penny Hill Posts: 1898
Oh LORD :eek Awful awful awful
BusyDee Posts: 8527
[quote="wannabfp":3leh57i1]oh my god the poor child, We let one off halloween night, nice to look at but i wondered where do they go? anyone? prob a silly question[/quote:3leh57i1] What goes up must come down!
gottabfp Posts: 5641
thanks for that, interesting reading, They only stay up for 20 mins, so more than likely they will land on land.
GreenerPastures Posts: 7284
I think they look cool, if all goes according to plan. We were thinking of them til I saw them in action on a Four Weddings episode and they blew into tress and got stuck and blew near people and nearly set their clothes alight. I just felt like they were a hazard tbh.
LastRolo Posts: 6892
A cousin of mine brought one of these to the house halloween night - it was lovely watching it floating off into the distance. It definitely didn't stay up 20 minutes, more like 2/3. Then it started to go down and then it didn't seem such a great idea as it was landing in a field. So I had to pop on the wellies and my coat and go out up into the fields looking for it with a flash lamp as there are animals in the field. It actually landed in a neighbours field, so good job I looked for it and removed it or he'd of been shouting!
ciaraella Posts: 5323
these things are so stupid and dangerous, the thought of settling fire to something, letting it float away and have no idea where it will go is crazy!! how are they not illegal? It's just fancy littering!
LastRolo Posts: 6892
Yeah, its a bit silly - just lighting something, throwing it into the air and not knowing wheres it is gonna land and it definitely is fancy littering.