Menu

Anyone use Aldi washing powder?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Perci Posts: 3847
Is it crap?! I found a comparison website for aldi products compared to the brand and it seemed fairly candid. The washing powder got a decent enough review. Anyone used it? Was gonna try it and just use my fave fabric softener...
Appletini Posts: 259
Yes, I use it. I was wary at first incase it made me itchy, etc but ended up buying it one time because I was too lazy to go to Tesco/ Superquinn. And it's fine. No complaints from me anyway.
E B Posts: 276
I've used it for years and find it fine. It doesn't have the distinct detergent smell of the more expensive brands that some people might prefer but it cleans clothes perfectly well. I have never had any adverse skin reactions either but my skin is not sensitive. The difference in price is enough to keep me using it really.
Perci Posts: 3847
Great. I have 3 kids and the washing machine is usually on twice a day, so we fly through washing powder! None of us have sensitive skin so I'm going to give it a try. Thanks.
Mad Mod Posts: 1079
A management company in an estate I once lived in asked residents not to use lidl/aldi washing powder and toilet paper as it was clogging pipes. That is a long time ago, but i've never used either since. I've used the same washing powder for 15 odd years and as a result my skin is irritated by any other powder!
Daff Posts: 11644
it's great, only changed two months ago cause [email protected] a total detergent snob but was broke that week and needed it! I use the green Almat liquid one. Does the girls clothes brilliantly and no complaints at all. Nice smell too! (urgh, you just reminded me I did a load this morning that's still waiting to be hugn up :weep )
MinnietheMinx Posts: 2396
We use Aldi washing powder and dishwasher tabs. Just make sure you buy the ones with Good Housekeeping recommended logos on them. We got the other dishwasher tabs once and they were crap.
SunnyK Posts: 3834
Yep I use it and no probs at all with it - I wish it left that lingering smell on the clothes though!
ructions Posts: 2689
I tred it once but DS came out in an awful rash. So it was back to the Fairy. I think the loo roll problem comes from the three ply stuff. I use the regular two ply rolls and they're grand, the three ply ones are very thick.
SGirl Posts: 2542
We have used Aldi washing tablets and dishwasher tablets for years, they are far cheaper and do the same thing!