Menu

Anyone use NUK bottles?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

mammybean Posts: 10364
hi ya well i have spent a small fortune on bottle that are absoluelty no use to me as Jamie isnt able to suck on the teets of them. it is apparently because the silicone is too hard. \i have the bebe comfort bottles and the latex NUK teats from the hospital that are great for now but the bottles only hold 5 ounces. so i want to know if any of you use the nuk bottle and if so where did you buy them? it seems the are hard enough to come by here, my sis will get them for me frm the morth if i need her to. also if you are using them how do you find them?
Me Julia Posts: 1352
I was recommended NUK bottles and so i have them ready to go. I got them in boots but i saw loads of them in McCabes pharmacy as well. This was near swords, dublin...........dont know if you live near here.
a little bit down the road in waterford :o0 i will try boots. suppose i could ring them. i wont need them fr a couple of weeks as he is only taking 2.5 ounces t the minute but i want to have them to hand when i do need them. Thanks
summer daisy Posts: 1336
I use NUK bottles with the latex teeth (the silicone was way to hard for my DD). I get them in independent Chemists and in McCabe Chemist. Boots in Limerick don't stock them but my local pharmacy do. I tried loads of other bottles (Avent, Dr.Browns and Tommee Tippee) before I finally settled on NUK. They are the only ones she will take. For the next baby I won't even bother trying anything else and just use NUK...
charli Posts: 5994
i didnt use NUK on DD as she took avent ones, but do remember seeing the bottles, small and large in the pharmacies - they might not be everywhere but you will come across them in some of the bigger pharmacies and Mothercare have them too
Thanks girls, its nreal, i just assumed he comes home i get the bottles and off we go. I dont care how much i hve to spend to get him the right ones but it is so frustrating watching hi suckin like a mad thing and getting nowhere then being too tired to take any. esp when if he doesnt start gaiing weight he will be kept in hospital
justwaitin Posts: 2462
Hi mammy bean they do nuk bottles in dowlings pharamcy in ardkeens store, there also in the pharamacy in the brasscock center down deside oscar on the dunmore road, i think there in the mothercare catalog.
30thmay2006 Posts: 235
hi there i bought them from this website, had them within a week!! http://www.flaschenmilch.de/catalog/ind ... 049bd76240 make sure you pick the latex teat, my little one cant suck any silicone teat either but they are slightly softer from nuk, i got 2 silicone and 5 latex and she feeds well from the silicone now.
Thanks for your help girls, i found the NUK ones last night and they are great. i only bought three as i have spent a fortune on ones that dont work so i will go back today and get more. i also bought NUK soothers for him. He wonttake a soother but just in case