Anyone used or currently using sea bands for MS?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

FoxyLockz Posts: 2448
Everyday for the last 4 weeks i've been physically sick and just drained. There are days where I cant even lift my head off the pillow I am so tired and sick I can't eat, the thoughts of eating makes me feel sick and when I do eat I AM sick....I can't win :( I know i shouldn't complain as we've tried so long to get pregnant but holy crap I can't even stomach water these days. I've been hearing some great things about sea bands for morning sickness and was wondering if any other fellow wollies have used them or are using them at the moment and would you reccomend them? Can you get them in boots? Cheers x
OAT Posts: 2207
I used them when I was slightly sick on DS2 but on this pregnancy I had very bad MS and they didn't work for me :o( defo worth a try though. I found sucking on sherbert lemon sweets a life saver!!
I'm trying sucking on hard mints...they seem to do the trick but i find i need to ear one after the other. I might pop into boots and give them a go sure i'll trying anything now at this stage!
Marvin Mole Posts: 1076
My friend used them - her sickness was kind of all day nausea and while they didn't take it away they certainly eased it. I had bad evening sickness on DD and like OAT the sherbet lemons saved me!
oldwife Posts: 170
I used them and they eased my sickness. Don't know if it was in my head but they certainly helped!! I got them in a normal chemist. I also had very bad heartburn so while the mints helped the nausea it made the heartburn worse. I have just had to adapt to eating plain stodgy foods. In the end I got tablets from my doc as it hadn't eased by 18 weeks. Hope you get better soon as its horrible. :wv
CocoBeans Posts: 841
Hey FoxyLockz, I used them but I don’t think they worked. I didn’t take them off just in case! I ate slices of bread every hour and that seemed to help a bit. I even kept some beside the bed. I brought mine in my local chemist, they were grey and a bit tight so I then order some black ones off ebay (a bit more discreet). I think you should give them a go, I saw some good reviews on the internet. I was really sick from about 5 weeks, One night I was so sick… I woke up the next day ( 9,3 days) and it was almost completely gone. So I hope that thought makes you feel a bit better. Best of luck FoxyLockz!
Thanks for your honest opinions ladies...sure i might aswell give them a go and see how I get on. They''re not really expensive so not loosing much if they don't work...ah sure we'll see
lilbabs Posts: 12
I'm using them at the moment, I've tried everything at this stage. Think they are working but it couldbe just in my head. Also got travel sweets again don't know if they are working but I'm still sucking them. I'll try anything!!!
BabasFor2012 Posts: 1594
I just had all day nausea rather than vomiting and I found they definitely helped ease it. Hope they work for you. I also tried sherbert lemon sweets after hearing they were good. Did find they helped alright, but they left my tongue a bit raw.
Dancing Queen Posts: 2591
I think they helped for the vomiting but not the nausea, I'm still seaching for a cure for that :weep