Anyone watching Big Fat Gypsy weddings??

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

miss shimmer Posts: 453
My god the dresses these girls are wearing on their wedding day are something else... Did ye see the dress with the moving butterflies attached to the dress and the lights on it, she was like a bloody Christmas tree :yelrotflmaosmilie: The lady who made the dress had to bring a fire extinguisher to the wedding incase the dress went on fire... My god, and we think we have problems with our dresses :)
whoop Posts: 1310
I am horrified with the grabbing technique, it looks so rough
I Dream in Disney Posts: 1592
It's really one step off rape. It's just horrifying. Loving the dresses though. :o0
I would love to have a dress that poofy and have an excuse to wear it once! Don't know why really :-8
FlexyDee Posts: 4904
I was watching this and saw the grabbing but can someone explain what it is? And why they do it?? :-8
From what I got Flexy if a woman isn't married by 21/22 she is left on the shelf. In traveller relationships the man dominates the relationship and it is up to him from the outset to make the moves. If he fancies a girl then it is customary to grab her and it is customary for her to struggle. The man literally pins the girl until she kisses him and then they are a couple.
Thanks whoop. That is disgusting! :eek
It's a form of violence. Totally chilled my spine watching it
It is vile :o(
starbar10 Posts: 991
[quote="mrssmith2be":ej9yutdb]It's really one step off rape. It's just horrifying [/quote:ej9yutdb] This is exactly what I thought! It is horrific! The boys were so stupid -"does she like it" - "well eh no i guess she doesnt"