Anyone watching primetime?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

eileenf99 Posts: 396
Anyone watching,very sad stuff.That poor lady getting her house repossessed.Scary watching it
barbaraann Posts: 1500
Yep, watched it while I was doing the ironing. The first couple with the little lad, you could hear the anguish in the dad's voice - a ham sandwich for lunch and a cheese one for his dinner. And ironically, he's a chef ! It really is so sad to see what is happening, and to see that builder letting the lads go..... my heart went out to them.
Lizzie02 Posts: 2624
I missed it. Sounds like this government have a lot to answer for. Wonder what the voting turn out will be like next week? We've had very few candidates knock on our door (FF ones anyway). I'd say they are being hammered at most doors they go to.
Rubyrose Posts: 5522
I watched it...very sad stuff
septgal Posts: 330
Was raging i missed it, there was too many things on last night- BGT, greys anat etc...anyone know if & when its repeated?
Mrs Summer Posts: 5040
Girls for anyone else who missed (myself included) you can watch it on
honeypot2010 Posts: 1500
God, it was shocking. Even the debt solver had a huge loan. My mouth dropped when he mentioned his million debt to the bank!! And I would have thought he be the rich person in all of this, that is sorting out everyone elses problems. I thought I was bad lately, planning a wedding and not working. It just goes to show there is alot worse. :o(
hula Posts: 384
We're never going to be able to turn things around and get ourselves out of the recession if RTE continue to have show after show of doom and gloom. There certainly is no 'Yes we can' attitude in this country!
Mrs Unichick Posts: 1004
Just watched it. Really puts things in prospective. I'm in bad form today about something fairly trivial in comparison! ;o( Things can only get better I suppose.
Salander Posts: 1639
I watched it and felt sorry for some of them but I didn't think the lady whose house was being repossed should be on it - her repossesion wasn't recession related at all, it was due to her marriage break up - which although very sad wasn't relevant to the programme! She stopped paying her mortgage in 2002 when Ireland was still booming! There are unfortunatley a lot of people out there who are losing their homes as they have lost their jobs due to the recession and they should have been on instead. And i think it was quite slanted in some ways - seemed almost racist, asking the romanian worker's son if he would go back to romania - the lad had a real dub accent on him and he had obviously been living here for years - this is his home!