Anyone wear their engagement ring on their right hand?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Fallenout Posts: 147
Getting married next year. Have a twist in my engagement ring. Can't wear my engagement ring at work (in hospital) anyway so wedding ring will have to be worn on its own a lot. Would it look odd if it was a fitted ring on its own? I could wear the engagement ring on my right hand if the gap was odd looking.. Any one wear their ring on the right?
lovelywine Posts: 404
Hi there, I don't think its silly. A friend of mine wears her engagment ring on her right finger becuase it was too difficult to get a wedding ring made to fit it. It wouldn't have taken the whole luck off her ring. So she wears her engagement ring on her right finger and a lovely diamond wedding band on her wedding finger!
bangel Posts: 2285
You can get filler rings, which fit in between your engagement ring and your wedding ring. This would mean that you can wear your wedding band on its own without a chunk missing from it. There are some pictures on abana.ie It also means you can wear the two rings together and they will sit flush with each other because of the little ring in the middle.
Ms forgetful Posts: 69
it wont look odd at all - My cousin is marrying a polish girl next may and in there tradions they wear there ring on there right hand
Fallenout Posts: 147
[quote="bangel":1cueo52x]You can get filler rings, which fit in between your engagement ring and your wedding ring. This would mean that you can wear your wedding band on its own without a chunk missing from it. There are some pictures on abana.ie[/quote:1cueo52x] I like the look of these! Thanks so much
fruitypie Posts: 826
[quote:2eeszszg]A friend of mine wears her engagment ring on her right finger becuase it was too difficult to get a wedding ring made to fit it. It wouldn't have taken the whole luck off her ring. So she wears her engagement ring on her right finger and a lovely diamond wedding band on her wedding finger![/quote:2eeszszg] snap..