Anyone who's been to Dubai before....

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

pluto Posts: 3893
Did you go shopping in the Karama?? Is it worth going there, or is it a load of rubbish? Would love to hear your views! :thnk
Caroline Mac Posts: 829
AL Karama is all fake stuff imported in from China. Its ok if you want a couple of bargains without forking out for the real thing and it does look good. Just make sure and check that the prada bag carries the prada logo and lining inside! A friend of mine didn't and she has the prada logo on the outside and Gucci lining. Wafi Centre is good for shopping - pricey mind you and has all the big names.
Mama Dora Posts: 14987
I like it especially the Benetton shop its the real stuff too....best to go during the day but its extremely hot as the traffic later in the evening is a nightmare...They can hassle you but just ignore them and say "No thanks"I bought 2 lovely pairs of Snicker runners for about €20 and DH got some lovely real Nike tops not very cheap but cheaper then here.......also last year me and sis bought perfume as the boxes were exactly the same as the shops, I got Lacoste Pink for €25 for the 150ml and its the real stuff...I wanna go again :o( its worth a look for a go at least once,also the Eirmates Shopping Mall is lovely and it has a Ski slope,food is so cheap for dinner/lunch also
Sounds great girls. It's probably worth a nose so. I was just afraid it was like those "warehouse" places, like in NY, where you're taken down sidestreets and stuff! I wouldn't be able for that! We can get there by the open top bus can't we?
Mama Dora Posts: 14987
[quote="Madgie":21cvcaxn]Sounds great girls. It's probably worth a nose so. I was just afraid it was like those "warehouse" places, like in NY, where you're taken down sidestreets and stuff! I wouldn't be able for that! We can get there by the open top bus can't we?[/quote:21cvcaxn] Oh god I dont know about open top buses in Dubai,we got a taxi to it and home.Its exactly like a market but instead of stalls its shops,quite big and alot of the same stuff,just take your time and bargain with them!!! The secret rooms I thought were full of shite but thats me,its the experience of it I suppose
Cool, thanks Dolly. Can't wait!!! :o)ll