Anyone Worried after 20 week scan?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

missussunshine Posts: 513
Hi girls.. We had our 20 week scan today and I don't know how to explain it but I feel really strange after it, I don't know if I'm just worried after realising and seeing how developed our little bean is now. Not sure what I was expecting and maybe I'm just a bit overwhelmed. Everything looked perfect thank god. Did anyone else feel like this?
Luka Posts: 1904
Hi Missussunshine, I had a 15 week scan, on my DS ( not a 20 week one) but I remember being astounded at the screen, a perfectly formed baby, at 15 weeks! And the strangest thing was I had NO bump! Naturally was I delighted to see everything looking ok (It wasn't an anomoly scan though). But it still took me a while to get my head around it, as my pregnancy history before that hadn't been great. I wouldn't say I felt strange, it was more like nerves & the fact that this time it was all REAL! I had a private scan at 15 weeks & I got a DVD, which I watched over & over. Mad! There was one very good head shot & he has the exact same profile today!This is just the head shot, you can even see the shape of his ear! [attachment=0:1sw9vd4y]15 weeks pregnant with baby Sean..jpg[/attachment:1sw9vd4y]
Wow Luka, that's such a clear picture for 15weeks, he really is amazing. I'd say you nailed it there when you said it took a while to get your head around it. I have been so lucky in that I wasn't sick. Havent really a proper bump yet either or felt movement so think Im just a bit emotional and overwhelmed after today and as stupid as it sounds really realized I'm Having a baby. It's something I never thought I'd be lucky enough to blessed with so there ya go.. I'm blabbering now. Thanks for the reply and congratulations on your little man. :wv
It can take time to sink in! 15 weeks is such a short space of time, to go from not being pregnant to seeing a baby on screen, like Sean was in my scan! I'm delighted everything is going well for you. Is this your first baby? Sean was my first too. Any other questions, just ask !
Hey, yep our first baby so everythings new and very exciting. I suppose theres a reason pregnancy is nine months, to give people like me time to realise whats happening :) I keep looking at the scan pictures this morning and i can see the little face (perfectly in my head!!), im convinced it looks like a boy :o)ll Thanks a million.
lucyloo32 Posts: 957
i was (and am) really worried she got the gender wrong. just the way she said it, maybe i was being oversensitive, but she said to us 'id say youre probably having a girl'..... so now i dont know if we are or not!
Thats seems a bit loose altight, maybe she didnt want to commit 100% just in case. she might have made a note on your chart you could check?
We didn't find out with Baby Sean, but once I saw him in the scan picture, I was 99% certain he was a boy, Even when I showed the pic to my family, everyone said "HE" & We were all right! Shaggin wagon, did you have a Gender scan? The sonographer should have been able to tell for certain. My SIL had the gender scan. She was having a boy & she was shown the "obvious Evidence" ;o) that it was a boy. My SIL's scan was at 21 or 22 weeks so it was definite that he was a boy. She had her scan done in Ballincollig as far as I know,it was a 3d one. If you want to know for certain, it might be worth looking into the 3d one.
lucyloo32 Posts: 957
prob a bit late to be getting a gender scan done now, im heading towards the 35 week mark... babs will be here before i know it. everything we have is cream anyway, but you know yourself, once you get an idea in your head about the gender, it must be hard to adjust to having a babs of the other gender when its unexpected. Either way, we'll adore our little babs to bits!
Gosh yes sure you won't find the time now! Cream is the safest bet. I had all the hospital bag things in cream, white & yellow, bit then it's nice to buy the coloured ones after. My SIL had her boy 3 months before I had Sean, so I got all her 0 to 3 months, it was great! Good luck with everything anyway xx