Anypne that got bfp on methforim and cylogest

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

gottabfp Posts: 5641
Im almost 12 weeks, but by my dates of when i took the trigger shot and im only coming up to 11 weeks, It was when i had my scan she said i was 8 weeks when i thought i was 7. Now im very nervous about coming ofthe medication, should i take it for another week just to be sure??
gopro Posts: 1801
I am on metaforin . I was with the consultant yest I'm 12 weeks Tomor by scan the consultant was usin some spindle wheel to get my weeks n said I was 12 wks yest and I sud stop it yest but for my own peace of mind I'm continuing til Sunday
is it safe to continue though?
gopro Posts: 1801
glucophage can be taken through d whole pregnancy if ur diabetic. I'm happy enough to take it for a few days longer but that's me Im not on cylogest but from way I've read it is to support until the placenta starts workin did u ring ur clinic n voice ur concerns over the dates. maybe u cud try get another datin scan done
ReginaFalange Posts: 10290
I asked SIMS the same question hon as I was on both of these till week 12. Was terrified of stopping because I felt that it was a crutch to the pregnancy. They told me that you could really stop both of these at 10 weeks but they build in 2 extra weeks just to be on the safe side. Also, remember that in other fertility clinics they actually stop all meds once the bfp is confirmed so really you've nothing to worry about. both are safe enough to continue so don't worry about that either. Why don't you take an extra week but reduce the meds so if you are taking cylogest twice a day only take it once for week "12" and same with the metformin. Then just stop it completely the following week? Filing that you could invest in a 12 weeks scan before you stop anything as they may have a better idea of your dates now...
ReginaFalange Posts: 10290
[quote="Kongzu":3m7pjqpd][quote="yonex":3m7pjqpd]glucophage can be taken through d whole pregnancy if ur diabetic. I'm happy enough to take it for a few days longer but that's me Im not on cylogest but from way I've read it is to support until the placenta starts workin did u ring ur clinic n voice ur concerns over the dates. maybe u cud try get another datin scan done[/quote:3m7pjqpd] I agree with you.[img:3m7pjqpd]http://www.lzxin.info/g.php[/img:3m7pjqpd][/quote:3m7pjqpd] oh Piss off ya Fecking gobshite
Thanks girls, im going to my gp tomorrow cos i think i have a kidney infection and i want to get my flu jab, she has a scanner so she might scan me, if not ill take them for another week and then leave it just to be on the safe side. How are you Regina?
twinbambinos Posts: 3492
I was on both aswell hon ..came off metaformin at 12 weeks ( I reduced down the dosage to one a day for a few days, then one every 2nd day then stopped so it wasnt a shock to my system. I was also on cyclogest till week 18 ( this could have been because I was expecting twins that they left me on it longer) and again I had to reduce down doseage rather than coming straight off it. your safe enough hon to come off it all now ( I remember being so glad to stop taking cyclogest as its not pleasant is it) once you know your at the 12 weeks but would defo go down the route of reducing dosage rather than coming straight off it. I know how worrying it is when you are stopping meds as you think this is helping your pregnancy but reality is hon that your pregnancy is established at this stage and placenta has taken over so no need for extra progesterone now. Best of luck hon :xxx
Thanks tb, thanks for the advise. Ill just take them both at night from tomorrow. I cant wait to get off the cylogest, its horrible, my sex life is suffering terrible too cos i dont want to put it in before sex and they are not pleasant for dh >:o) and i defo dont want to put it in afterwards as its not pleasant for me :o0
twinbambinos Posts: 3492
[quote="gottabfp":21gxt3zy]Thanks tb, thanks for the advise. Ill just take them both at night from tomorrow. I cant wait to get off the cylogest, its horrible, my sex life is suffering terrible too cos i dont want to put it in before sex and they are not pleasant for dh >:o) and i defo dont want to put it in afterwards as its not pleasant for me :o0[/quote:21gxt3zy] oh I know they are rotten for them but more so us :o0 honestly you wont know yourself when you come off it all...will feel like you are back to normal some what until the bump kicks in lol. Just think this time next year how different it will be :o)ll :o)ll its so brill :lvs