Menu

anything different other than candy cart

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

offalycoc Posts: 54
Hi Guys, I was wondering if anyone has done anything different instead of a candy cart. A lot of my friends have done this so would like to do something else but finding it hard to come up with something. Thanks
bubblybee Posts: 75
There a supplier here who posts, they do crêpes. There are sweet and savoury types. I think they posted in the canapé thread.
happyeverafterinvites Posts: 228
Some people do a dessert table and style it in their wedding colours/theme. [attachment=1:33dqxe8w]Chic Towering Dessert Table.jpg[/attachment:33dqxe8w] [attachment=0:33dqxe8w]laduree.jpg[/attachment:33dqxe8w]
red85 Posts: 26
hate candy carts aswell, so overdone! not having any but ive seen a ferreo roche stand, it had over 500 + on it, 16 tiers, it brought back memories of the ad that used to be on years ago!! other than that there has been chip vans - why? I personally think they are pointless, I would rather a guest book , I LOVE photos and a friend suggested a photo booth? no, sorry a camera will do. added expense for no reason, its the couples day to stand up and declare their love for each other not to outdo everyone else?
Happyout123 Posts: 299
[quote="offalycoc":1z883gnh]Hi Guys, I was wondering if anyone has done anything different instead of a candy cart. A lot of my friends have done this so would like to do something else but finding it hard to come up with something. Thanks[/quote:1z883gnh] +1 on the candy cart..seen this at so many weddings now it's nearly part of the norm..If it was a summer wedding you your could do a vintage ice cream van after the church or just outside the hotel when people arrive... Or put the money into some sort of entertainment like a fire-eater later in the evening if you have long break to fill between the meal and the band (think we're going to have 1hr & half break ourselves so worried this will be a bit long and people will be sitting around so trying to think of something ourselves)
hyperrational Posts: 697
Ice cream van during summer is lovely idea. We had a caricaturist (Anita is a supplier on here) and it went down a storm. Everyone who got one absolutely loved it and it's lovely to go to people's houses and see them up in various places around their homes. Nice memento I think! It worked well for us as I'm into art (although not many people knew that before the wedding!) and it "fit". We did, however, also have a candy buffet and it went down a treat.... but very few people had seen them at that stage. Agree now they are a bit overdone.
paul duane photography Posts: 408
ice cream van sounds brilliant, can you imagine the fun you'd have taking photographs with that. Photo booths are a good extra too? good luck with the planning
Smiths Ice Cream Vans Posts: 5
We hire out ice cream vans for weddings so if you would like a quote please feel free to contact us.
Butlers Posts: 115
Hiya Butlers here, we do the Ice Cream Trike, based in Waterford and we travel but prefer the munster region. We also are the proud winners of the Gold in the Ice Cream Category in the Blas na hEirreann - Irish Food Awards................so its offical we have the nicest ice cream in Ireland :yelrotflmaosmilie: Check out our website www.butlersicecream.ie Regards Maurice 087 7799701 [img:1xymdtjg]http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk94/yourweddingie/icecreamtrike.jpg[/img:1xymdtjg]
ianstuart Posts: 1947
Love the ice cream bike , was gona suggest an ice cream cart with loads of different ice creams , toppings (sweets , chocolates and also fruits ), sauces and different kind of holders. Some people could have cones some could have a bowl of jelly n ice cream and some knickerbocker glories etc etc the list is endless.