Apologies in advance - Another invitation question

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Linda H Posts: 1151
Hi, I am looking for some advice please. I bought black invitation cards & envelopes. I got feathers (white & the colour matching my dress) and they turned out to be tiny on the card , not too sure do I even want to use them anymore. So I am just after drawing a blank and am really looking for ideas on how to do them. Agghhhh just feel like going away and ordering them now, but I know that I will be disgusted with myself as I was looking forward to doing them. Any help would be appreciated :thnk
blueswallow Posts: 1244
You can buy little ornaments - pearly hearts, mini wedding rings etc. in Daintree or some of the online stores. Maybe use those near the base of the feathers to add a bit of extra embellisment? And, if you place the feathers about 1/3 down from the top of the card, I don't think it would matter that they're small (1/3 to 2/3 is a long-standing proportion used in art that is known to be pleasing to the eye). Or you could cut a piece of card in a contrasting colour and create a panel on the black card onto which you place the feathers. HTH :wv
Linda H Posts: 1151
[quote="blue_swallow":2d882z0s]You can buy little ornaments - pearly hearts, mini wedding rings etc. in Daintree or some of the online stores. Maybe use those near the base of the feathers to add a bit of extra embellisment? And, if you place the feathers about 1/3 down from the top of the card, I don't think it would matter that they're small (1/3 to 2/3 is a long-standing proportion used in art that is known to be pleasing to the eye). Or you could cut a piece of card in a contrasting colour and create a panel on the black card onto which you place the feathers. HTH :wv[/quote:2d882z0s] Thank you so so so so much. That sounds great :thnk Will have a think about it