Appestiser choices

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

micls Posts: 1156
Second annoying thread in a few minutes but more help required :D Looking to decide on appetisers/canapes. Our wedding is at 4 so people will have had lunch beforehand. From 4.45-5.45 we want to have some appetisers while photos are being taken. The meal itself starts at 6.45. We'll have speeches from 6-6.30ish. Our options are: Breaded Prawns Chicken wrapped in leaves Thai fishcakes Vegetable spring rool Chicken Satay Each portion has 25-30 pieces in it. We'll have about 50 guests. I'm wondering how much we should order. Each portion costs around 12.50 euro. So how many portions do you think we'd need. how many pieces should we expect each person to eat? I think we'll order some of everything but if there's anything you think we should have extra of let me know :) Thanks again for the help.
mrsmoo2202 Posts: 1930
[quote="micls":3aml2f9p]Second annoying thread in a few minutes but more help required :D Looking to decide on appetisers/canapes. Our wedding is at 4 so people will have had lunch beforehand. From 4.45-5.45 we want to have some appetisers while photos are being taken. The meal itself starts at 6.45. We'll have speeches from 6-6.30ish. Our options are: Breaded Prawns Chicken wrapped in leaves Thai fishcakes Vegetable spring rool Chicken Satay Each portion has 25-30 pieces in it. We'll have about 50 guests. I'm wondering how much we should order. Each portion costs around 12.50 euro. So how many portions do you think we'd need. how many pieces should we expect each person to eat? I think we'll order some of everything but if there's anything you think we should have extra of let me know :) Thanks again for the help.[/quote:3aml2f9p] I remember one place when we were looking around at venues told us to allow 3 per person, some eat more, some less, that was their average!
kittycatt24 Posts: 1322
Sounds yummy! Why not ask your venue/caterer for ideas as this is their area of expertise and they deal with this daily?
micls Posts: 1156
[quote="kittycatt24":3doklw7q]Sounds yummy! Why not ask your venue/caterer for ideas as this is their area of expertise and they deal with this daily?[/quote:3doklw7q] He's not sure. He deals mostly with Thai weddings which are much bigger and obviously different tastes/appetites etc. I was budgeting for maybe 7/8 per person. 3 seems low to me, not sure what others think. Given it's 12.50 for 30 pieces, I don't think the pieces will be very big.But I don't want to waste food then either.