April 2016 Brides

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Bridiekk Posts: 272
I know from the 2016 Brides thread there are lots of April 2016 brides including lots sharing my date! :) I thought a specific April 2016 thread might be useful to see how all our plans are progressing! We're coming close to the 12 month mark ladies! (Some closer than others!!) :o0
:o0 I'm going to give my poor attempt at starting an April thread a little bump! :) I'm so glad we booked our venue early. The prices have gone up €3 per head and they've changed the choice options. Eeek! Next on my list is hair, videographer and Church music (need to just nail it down and ask those I have lined up!!) I hope all the plans are coming along nicely ladies.
SparkleSpring16 Posts: 24
I'm an April 2016 bride too :) I'm so excited that it's nearly a year to my wedding :o)ll I have loads organised, church and hotel, ceremony music, someone to come to the house and do hair and make-up, photographer, band/DJ all booked! Just booked our pre-marriage course too, couldn't believe how far in advance they were booked up! Flowers are my mission at the moment, so much more expensive than I expected! Have everything organised to do my invitations which I have a few days off in May so going to get them printed and put together then and then put them away until next year, probably a bit over the top on the organising getting them done now but since I'm doing them myself I want to cross one more thing off my list! Still loads of other DIY bits to do! Be great to hear how others are getting on that are getting married in the same month :)
Wow SparkleSpring16 you're on the ball! :) I have Church, Hotel, Photographer, Car, Band, DJ, Pre-dinner reception music, make-up artist, dress and shoes! My friend and BIL will be part of my ceremony music but I have 2 others lined up who I need to ask. We know the cake lady we are going with so we will have a "sampling day" soon. Stretchy pants required for that gem! Gosh it's good to know the pre-marriage courses are booking up fast. We must get on to that next. That, hair and flowers. Invitations I think we will just order. I had serious hardship with my sister's so I don't think I'll DIY them. I do keep joking that OH will hand draw them! I'm kinda joking but kinda not! He's very good. I'm waiting to hear back from a videographer to confirm the price. They have a price that includes speeches but I'm not sure I want that!!...then again maybe I should just go for it. I will talk to the OH this evening to decide.
Well Bridiekk I kind of just wanted to organise what I could now when I have the time ha we're building a house this year that we will hopefully be in by April 16! So busy year ahead, figured get as much done now while I can! Oh that's so lovely to have family and friends involved in your ceremony music :) Myself and my mam are making my wedding cake and then my cousin will ice it for us so kinda miss out on the whole trying out different cakes thing which is a pity coz I love cake!! Well the pre-marriage courses seem to book up 3/4 months in advance, now if you're not restricted to particular times/months or anything I'd say you'll be grand but we could only go between now and September because after that between work for both of us it would have been March 16 before we could go so way too late! Forgot I have my dress too :o)ll it was all a bit mad coz I had my dress about a week and a half after he proposed and we hadn't even settled on a proper date yet ha. But dress and shoes are organised and I decided to be a diva and get two veils! A long one for the ceremony and photos and a shorter fingertip length one for the drinks reception, dinner and first dance. Hmm if he's really good at drawing you could maybe get him to design it and then upload the drawing to somewhere like vistaprint and get your invitations that way? They'd be very personal and unique! We decided not to go with a videographer, hope we don't regret that decision but money is tight and we had to cut somewhere and neither of us were too pushed about it. There was as well that no one wanted the speeches recorded coz it would make them more nervous so think it's definitely out for us. I am hopefully going to be talking to a couple of florists next Thursday that I've narrowed it down to, I know exactly what I want for bridesmaids/groomsmen but really struggling on what to put in my own bouquet so hopefully they'll be able to help, plus really want my OH boutonniere to stand out a little and be obviously different from the groomsmen. So glad you started this thread Bridiekk :) It's great being able to chat about all this stuff and see what someone else has organised that's getting married the same month as me, my bridesmaids think I'm mad having booked so much already but my photographer and band were getting enquiries about our date from other people just as we were booking them so glad I got in there when I did! Do you find it hard to not tell your OH about your dress? I'm finding that really difficult! I'm so excited about it and love it so much and usually we talk about everything that I just want to ask him what he thinks ha really can't wait to see his face when he see's me all done up :)
Ooh house building! That's so exciting! :) I hope it's all going well for you. That's a lovely touch that your making your cake. My aunt made my sister's but her only daughter is getting married shortly after me so I don't want to ask her. I don't think we're going to have a fruit cake layer in our cake that we order (neither of us like it) but the hotel suggested that we have a "cutting cake" as in one that just goes to the kitchen and no one sees. This will work well as my mam's Christmas cake always goes down well so we'll make that. There are 3 of us getting married within a few months so we're going to try and book one this summer together! See how that goes! The 2 veils idea is fab. I was thinking of just getting a small hair clip/piece for the reception to keep myself dolled up! I'll run the invitation idea by him again and see how it goes. I'd love a personal touch like that but I think he thinks I'm joking!! :o0 Yeah I'm very unsure about the speeches but definitely want the reception before the dinner because we have a cool band booked for that and would love to capture a lot of their performance. I'm glad I booked early too. I would hate to be told that my date was gone for anything. I keep joking with OH to "pick me a dress" I'm dying to know what he thinks I will turn up in or what he thinks my style is. We've watched Say Yes to the Dress a couple of times. Hahaha God love him!
It's so exciting :) but i've so much to think about for the house and wedding that some days I could scream ha but I've become the queen of organisation! I've become so good at making lists ha Well it was partly a money saving choice to be honest but I'm glad I'm doing it now :) We're going to have a three tier fruit cake (my mam's speciality though neither of us like fruit cake!) because that can be made early and can be iced the weekend before and it won't be a problem, trying to keep as much pressure off my cousin as possible! Then when I finish work on Wednesday before the wedding I'll be doing a big chocolate biscuit cake and icing it and a lemon drizzle cake and they'll be kept in the back in the kitchen and only brought out for eating! so won't have to worry about icing them at all really if I don't get a chance. Oh gosh 3 of you from the same family? I have a cousin getting married at the end of this summer and then mine's April so I don't think that's too bad of a gap for all the family even though I know Christmas is in between! On the veil's I just couldn't decide really, I wanted a cathedral length one for the photos but didn't really want the hassle of carrying it around at the reception plus wanted to keep on my veil for the first dance coz I saw a picture of a couple dancing and it looked lovely with the veil still in! So I decided sure it's my day so I'll do what I want ha thinking I'll probably get a nicely sparkly headband or something to go with it for when I eventually have no veil on! Oh yea you can get some absolutely lovely hair clips, I'm wearing my hair kind of a bit up but most of it is down so most clips are ruled out for me but I love them! They really add a touch of glamour! Ha maybe get him to do a mock up of one even if he still thinks you're joking then you can just run with it once you have it ha Oh that'll be so nice to have music for the reception, what type of band are you having play? My OH absolutely hates that show ha, every time he walks in I'm watching it ha ... I'm afraid to ask him what he think's of dresses though in case he says he doesn't like one that looks like mine ha
ding dong 13 Posts: 25
hi, im 29/04/16 same as bridekk . have the major things done, dress bmaid dress hair make up cake . where are ye getting your invites? thats next on my list..
joyjoy Posts: 45
Ladies I'm in awe! We're doing the deed on the 23rd and I'm way behind in my organisation it seems! I have venue (same for ceremony and reception), celebrant, photographer, possibly music and, most importantly, shoooooes sorted! So many things that I want to have done and aren't! My big thing at the moment is the dress - I just haven't managed to find exactly what I'm looking for! I think I'm maybe being fussy but what better occasion for it?!
Hi ladies :) Joyjoy we're sharing a date! I'm the 23rd too :o)ll Think you're doing fine on the organising btw, think once you have venue, photographer and music sorted you're grand coz they're the things that seem to book up the quickest! I'm sure you're not being fussy on the dress you just haven't found it yet! Luckily there's plenty of time ha but you have to happy with it, definitely one thing you can't settle on! DingDong13 I'm actually making my invitations so I'm afraid I can't help you there but there seems to be so many options out there in places to buy them!