April Mums - have you gained much weight?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

DublinGirl Posts: 1307
Hi girls. Just wondering about this and trying to reassure myself really. I weighed myself 2 weeks ago and had only gained 3 lbs. I weighed myself this weekend and had gained an extra 5lbs in that 2 weeks. Is that normal? In total now I've gained 8lbs and I'm not even half way there yet. Although I did put on 3 stone in total on my first pregnancy. :eek :eek Also consultant said there is a possibility of this baby being a bit bigger. He said second babies normally are. My first was 8lb 11ozs and I'm only 5ft 1. :eek :eek :eek Let me know how you are all getting on too. Would love to hear from ya. :wv :wv
theoracle Posts: 7664
My best advice to any pregnant woman always is....don't weigh yourself! A lot of it is fluid retention and whatnot and the numbers will only do your head in. There is no direct relation between putting on weight and baby's size. EG my sister put on loads of weight - baby was tiny. Don't do it to yourself! Plus if the thing is true about having bigger baby second time around, I'll be in for some fun as DD was 8lbs! :o0
DublinGirl Posts: 1307
Thanks hu101. I know exactly what you are saying but I'm only weighing myself occasionally just to check my weight gain. You see I've only really started putting on the weight in the last 2-3 weeks. Up to then I'd gained no weight and was worried. Now I'm going hell blazes. May ditch the scales methinks. :o0 As long as everything is alright and I've a healthy happy baby that's all the matters. I' m really just curious to hear from all the other April mommies and how they are progressing. Thanks honey. :wv :wv
Wannabamama Posts: 481
Hey Dublin Girl, Glad to see all is well with you. I weighed myself last week and i was up 3lb on my pre-regnancy weight. Ive been weighing myself because i was concerend i was not putting on any weight. Im up another 2lb this week, so 5lb in total. I expect to see it going on at more regular pace now. If you are a normal weight before pregancy this is the norm; [i:2i6qyo9z]3-5 pounds during the first trimester Approximately 1-2 pounds per week in the second trimester Approximately 1-2 pounds per week in the third trimester [/i:2i6qyo9z] I didnt gain anything in first trimester, apperantly this is normal too, im probably catching up now. How are you getting on with your own clothes, im struggling a bit with work wear. They say to buy your own size but my own size is huge and if i pull them in they end up all gathered in a lump on my ass, its driving me crazy. The belly belt does not work with my work trousers. I just bought some normal smock tops to wear with jeans. I was in Mama's & Papa's in Dundrum last week, they have some nice maternity wear but all the trouser i tried on were like pedal pushers, really short legs and they only do the one lenght. I had great fun in the changing room thought with the strap on bump. I was like a plonker trying it on and taking pitures on my mobile, sending to dh to give him an idea of whats to come in a couple of months. :o0
Bear Posts: 671
I've put on 7lbs in total which seems to be way more than the rest of you. i had to go out and buy maternity jeans yesterday as only a couple of pairs of trousers are closing on me. I ordered a belly belt on line but they are out of stock so waiting patiently waiting on it at the mo.
Raindeer Posts: 169
Hi Ladies My weight is funny at the moment. I put on 3 to 4 pounds during the first Trimester and haven't changed since. In fact I lost a pound this week and I became nervous but i definately felt some movement on Wednesday night which was very strange. My bump is really getting hard and making a shape now and I am starting to feel a bit sexy!!!!!! Hope it continues but doubt it will!!! A lot of women are telling me that they went mental buying maternity clothes at the start and never wore them. I think most of us will get away with normal tops because of fasion now but I dont think i will purchase much until I need to. Topshop maternity looks lovely and the jeans are really nice, French connection have lovely tops suitable for us women!!! I really want a nice coat for Christmas from Hubby but not sure should I consider pregnancy or long term fitted????? Do you all want baby/pregnancy presents this year or the usual ladies gifts?????
swissgirl Posts: 2301
Hi, Ive gained 3kg which is about 7lbs. I havent been doing any exercise (due to MCs and recently due to tiredness/laziness). x sg
pluto Posts: 3893
I've gained about 6 or 7 pounds as well. I feel like its all on my chin. My face has just expanded! They were happy enough with my weight at my appointment yesterday anyway. I think there's more concern if you don't gain weight.