Are hospital clinics going ahead next Tuesday?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Blackbird Posts: 5135
Just wondering if anyone has a hospital appointment next Tuesday 24th November, the day of the strikes, and is it going ahead? I'm in work at the moment and cannot ring the hosp as in a shared office! I'm in the Coombe.
DipDab Posts: 1172
The hospitals are running a christmas day service so i doubt it. But you'd probably need to check.
Fifi Trixibelle Posts: 472
Hey Blackbird I'm in Holles St and am supposed to be back there for another app next Tues at 40+10!! When I was making the app, I was told that it might not be happening, but to keep an eye on the news and that they would contact me. I'm not sure what will happen if the clinic doesn't go ahead - whether I'll get another app? Not much help - sorry!
Well I know they work 365 days a year but if your union is going on strike then members will be expected to stay away from work. I will try to ring the hospital later. Only concern is that the clinic I go to happens once a week and they see about 80 people every week in a few hours so don't know where they will fit the 80 from next Tuesday as each one is jam packed! I suppose we will have to wait until the last minute to find out.
shellbellxxx Posts: 133
im in rotunda next tuesday, got a text of them last night to remind me..
I got a quiet minute to ring the hospital and, as you said happy thoughts, they won't know until the last minute if the strike is going ahead. She said they don't know one way or the other at the moment so to keep ringing for updates.