Are there any girls going public in UCHG??

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Hellothere2010 Posts: 2358
Hi I got a letter this morning from UCHG for my first date in hospital. I'll be 17 weeks by then. Do you know will I get my scan that date?? I cant remember what happened with my son - all i remember is that I had scan at 20 weeks.
MrsWife08 Posts: 179
Hiya - I am public in UCHG – you will be scanned on your first app – but it may also be your last scan until the end – I have been back for my second app, and only cos I had a problem that I wanted them to check out ( they weren’t going to bother scanning) that they did the scan. First app took about 2 hours – what consultant are you under? I am with Prof Morrison…congrats on your news BTW………. 
Higgs particle Posts: 4557
I was public in UCHG on both pregancies. First appointment you will get scan and it typically the 17 to 20 week mark. Can take up to 2 and half hours even three. I was under O'Leary and found him very good. I've met with Prof Morrsion also, I like him too.
oh Im all excited now!!!! Im under Dr Una Conway. i had her for first baby and my first pregnancy was fine - delivery was a bit complicated - waters went at 1:30am....6-7cm dilated at 2am.....baby op so had foreceps. If baby wasnt op he would have been born by 3am but epidural and op slowed things down. ended up in surgery after birth for 1.5 hours with third degree tear and episiotomy...lovely! Doc thinks I'll be monitored very closely this time (not that monitoring would have changed anything last time)
Higgs particle Posts: 4557
She must be new? Glad to see someone else up there, it was so busy and turning into a joke.
she is there since 2008 anyway - thats when I first got assigned to her with my son
She works along side Declan Egan - I seen both her and Declan in the clinic in Brooklawn : thankfully the treatment I got from them got me my BFP - well along with timed contributions from my DH!!! :yelrotflmaosmilie: :yelrotflmaosmilie:
where is brooklawn?
Its the private clinic they run for both their private patients, and the infertility clinic. Its just past the complex where B&Q is in Knocknacarra - its beside the Aviva offices... HTH
oh right!