Are too many Ultrasounds bad for baby?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

pie Posts: 61
Hi Girls, Have nearly an album of pics already of baby from all ultrasounds I have had so far.. I had first ultrasound at 8 weeks - I had pain and it turned out to be a cyst. Then my 14 week scan, another one at 20 weeks, cause of bleeding turned out to be cause of low lying placenta. I had my normal 24 week scan, and then another another one last week cause of strange discharge. I will probably have another quick scan next week too.. I have been thining of getting 3d scan privately, now I'm thinking - should I. Are all these scans ok for the baby? Anyone any ideas/opinions?
sodbride Posts: 105
not sure myself. Just know they only give you 1 scan at 20 weeks in University Hosp Galway and thats it!!
Dora the explorer Posts: 1570
I get one every visit I am sure its fine
Yoda Posts: 3340
I had one at every visit too, my DD is fine so I would not worry about it
sodbride Posts: 105
soooooo jelous, galway is crap!!
Dora the explorer Posts: 1570
paying enough for the pleasure haha
Finished here Posts: 2860
According to research there are no known affects of ultra sound but there hasn't been a lot of study in this area ! I read that in the info they gave us about US in Holles St i have only had two myself but my Sil had one a month until my nephew was born and he is perfectly healthy - sometimes i wish i could see the little one more often but then i feel like we know its a boy and can feel him moving so look forward to finding out what he is like when he is born rather than see more of him now !
hartley Posts: 826
I am private in Galway and because its twins have my 3rd scan tomorrow and I am 17 weeks. Consultant thinks I will have scan every 2-3 weeks, so I assume they are not bad for the babies. In my case it will show up any problems and save the babies.
love struck Posts: 1125
pie Shouldnt have any affects.. I had "actually cant tell you how many scans" due to problems.. Also had a cyst on my ovary... And my LO is fine..
brunette Posts: 234
My sil was on about this yesterday. She thinks its exposing you and baby too very low levels of radium. She also said that putting a laptop on your lap rather than a desk is harmful for the same reason...is this true? I constantly have mine on my lap...even now.