Are we boring ??

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

overthemoon! Posts: 1479
hi all we have pretty much everything done for our wedding in few weeks time the only thing is that i am looking at all the mags & wedding shows on tv & they all seem magical & romantic etc. we have nothing different or out of the ordinary for ours. Is there something jazzy/funky/different we can do just to add a sparkle? (this could be just nerves) thanks in advance for your help. :thnk :thnk :thnk
GreenerPastures Posts: 7284
I'd say it's just a case of nerves to be honest. I tend to get like that at times; I start thinking about peoples reactions and if they will be underwhelmed by our wedding. I just have to block it out now and concentrate on marrying my guy :o)ll Everyones taste is different and you'll try yourself nuts trying to do things to please others. As long as you and H2B like what ye've organised you'll be grand O-O
summersurprise Posts: 1276
As Bridee says its just nerves, sit back & relax and enjoy the run up to it all if everything is organised, it will fly by x :xox
Goodfellas Posts: 979
Ah look, you were happy with your choices as you made them. And remember this, they are only a backdrop to the event itself, you and himself and the family and friends around you. you're gonna have a ball. Let go and enjoy it!! Michael
Nadie Posts: 1111
In my experience, weddings I haven't really enjoyed are the ones where the bride and groom aren't relaxed and happy. They set the tone for the day and if they are uptight and not much fun, the wedding is uptight and not much fun! You just make sure you relax, concentrate on what you're doing and why you're doing it and you will be all loved up and happy and everyone there will enjoy themselves too. You can't buy atmosphere!
scotswedding Posts: 2829
It's the people who make the wedding. There are weddings all the time where people spend an arm and a leg or just waffle on so much about this, that or the other that they have that makes their wedding so unique and it's all just complete bullcrap. Don't worry your head about it. As long as you have the right man and all your friends and family round you you'll have a brilliant wedding!! The more time I spend on this site the more convinced I am that I will have the simplest of weddings (when the time finally comes!!). :o0
joker Posts: 2789
we are not havign any frills with our wedding...No chocolate fountains, doves or fireworks... its personal preference ...