Are we Mad?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

FlexyDee Posts: 4904
Myself and H2B are thinking of changing our date to Thurs 14th of Feb 2013. I am not happy now with the hotel that I have booked as with other hotels, there is a lot of free extras but my hotel will not budge on anything and starting to get annoyed over this! Will I lose the deposit that I have now paid even though it was over 20 months away?
gottabfp Posts: 5641
im sure you will lose you deposit, unles they get someone else for it, but if you are not happy then maybe to lose the deposit would be better than dealing with them up until your wedding day.
[quote="wannabfp":3q7cwyhg]im sure you will lose you deposit, unles they get someone else for it, but if you are not happy then maybe to lose the deposit would be better than dealing with them up until your wedding day.[/quote:3q7cwyhg] And the biggest problem, is that I use to work for them....
gottabfp Posts: 5641
Maybe you can give a sob story or something, say you cant afford to get married or something
Scruff1 Posts: 3139
I'd say your desposit is gone if they weren't budging on their wedding package offers i can't imagine they'll budge on giving you deposit back!!
No harm in trying I suppose!
Leftbank Posts: 2395
This day and age hotels are doing amazing deals, what general area are you interested in for your wedding and we can make suggestions perhaps
[quote="g4aJune11":3kfws460]This day and age hotels are doing amazing deals, what general area are you interested in for your wedding and we can make suggestions perhaps[/quote:3kfws460] The outskirts of Cork City - looking at Rochestown! Looks fab and fab deals!