Are you getting H2B a pressie on the day

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

yummymumm Posts: 824
I've heard a lot of girls getting their men gifts on the day, anything from novelty things to extravagant stuff. I have no idea what to get....I might write him a poem for the night b4 wedding, but I think its expected I get him something nice as a gift too. Any ideas??
augbh Posts: 169
3 wks to my wedding and I'm seriously stuck on this one. I really want him to have something to remember the day. At this stage, I have no idea what to get him. We're together 8 yrs, so I've bought him almost everything you can buy! I was thinking of gold cufflinks and of getting the date or our initials engraved on them. What do you think?
CaliMom Posts: 670
I wouldn't say it's 'expected' that you buy him something but alot of B2Bs do it... it's up to the couple in the end... I think the best gift he gets on the day is you :xox :lvs :xxx This is actually the last thing on my list and it's been driving me mad... I've see a nice pocket-watch which would be a great family heirloom but I've left it too late to get it engraved O:| :o( I think the hand-written poem from you would be a fantastic gift... I'm def going to write him a letter from the heart (have no poetry skills unfortunately!) and give it to him with the pressie the night before... Good luck with the rest of the plans! KB
Sunbeam Posts: 2721
We've agreed not to get each other wedding gifts but we are going to buy each other a gift on honeymoon that we can choose together. We both have too much on at the minute to have time to go searching for deep & meaningful gifts!! I'll definitely send H2B a card the night before the wedding but I probably won't get one in return (we'll be lucky if he has time to write a speech for the wedding day :o0 ).
SaJa Posts: 4282
I didn't get my DH a present, he got me and that was more than enough. :o0 I think it can sometimes put extra pressure on the couple to be looking for a present, but its a personal thing. We just decided not to.
MrsIbizaGirl Posts: 979
I've been trying to think of what I could get h2b, but not having much luck with ideas yet. I'm definitely going to write him a lovely letter/poem which will hopefully settle him down for the day.
MrsBlues Posts: 5170
I think the poem idea sounds lovely. I'm thinking about getting mine a Congrats letter from man utd. Also a few little novelty thingies - socks in case he gets cold feet (stolen from another wolly - sorry!) a little bottle of rescue remedy, 1 cigarette (we gave up but i'm sure i'll need one so he might too!) maybe a nice pic of myself, I might get a pic taken the day I get my trials done.
MrsIbizaGirl Posts: 979
I like the idea of the socks, it'd give him a good giggle.
peeps Posts: 65
i think i'll just h2b if there's anything he wants. it'll be one less thing to stress about. :o0
Ca cest moi Posts: 7855
I will be getting h2b a pressie but have no idea what yet but have loads of time to think about it. *)