Are you having a videographer?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Mrs.July0408 Posts: 1842
Just wondering how many people are going for a videographer. I really want one but my h2b hates the idea. Let me know what u think?
annie77 Posts: 484
Not a big fan so we're not having one - also find they can be quite intrusive on the day.
Tadpole Posts: 346
I wasn't going to, but have changed our minds, based on the fact that not having one is the one thing that couples often regret most about their day.
Lady loves chocolate Posts: 433
We are not havin one cos both of us [b:36235ucd]hate[/b:36235ucd] watching ourselves on video but having said that a LOT of people on here have said they regret not getting a video so this may be something for your H2B to consider.
Mrs.July0408 Posts: 1842
[quote="Tadpole":1izarwzu]I wasn't going to, but have changed our minds, based on the fact that not having one is the one thing that couples often regret most about their day.[/quote:1izarwzu] Yeah, thats what Im afraid of! H2b thinks the idea is awful & has said I can get one if I want but he wont b watching it! :-8
old Posts: 493
We're not having one, spending a little bit more on the photographs instead. I did find a few guys who had very good samples and a lot of them who use two guys on the day but since we will have two photographers I thought it would look a bit ridiculous having two videographers on top of that esp. since its a small wedding. But I think the idea of having a video record of the day is nice. I'm going to get a family member to do their best with with a camcorder, I won't expect much but it should work out fairly well - it did for both my sister's weddings. Might have a go at editing together a 10min montage - I think thats more than enough.
Mrs Summertime Posts: 126
Yes - I have been at weddings where you didn't really notice them. Our's is just staying till about 9.30 after the first dance as don't want them there all night as might put people off dancing! A few people i have spoken to regretted not having one as they missed so much of the day. I am going to make sure I tell my videographer not to follow the photographer around all day as I have seen that done and think it is pointless! Videoing us getting our photo's taken??! While we are with the photographer I want the videographer filming the parts we are missing etc!
Katie103 Posts: 306
Hi July 0408 I was like you at first about having a videographer but I changed my mind when I was talking to a girl who got married a few months ago and she said that as soon as she got up on the day after her wedding she regretted not getting the video. Also, was a bridesmaid a week ago and couldn't get over how quickly the day flew and how much the bride and groom actually missed out on. The bride said to me the next day that she really couldn't wait to see it and she felt she didn't really take in everything on the day. If you're worried about them being intrusive then you're not speaking with the right videographer's. A good videographer is never intrusive and should take direction from you on how you want your video. I would suggest ask everyone you know who got a video who they used, have a look at their video and ask if they felt the videographer was in the way. Good Luck Kate
old Posts: 493
[quote="Mrs Summertime":3ibsn2o0]...,,, Videoing us getting our photo's taken??! While we are with the photographer I want the videographer filming the parts we are missing etc![/quote:3ibsn2o0] Thats a really good point. Actually having a family member (at my sisters wedding) meant that a lot of funny moments were caught. People weren't shy of the camera as they knew who was operating it and it was all very informal. They were also not involved in the photographs so filmed what the rest of the guests were doing. Downside is quality obviously. Its probably important to have a look at the samples the videographer has, a few of the ones I looked at were (as Mrs Summertime pointed out) just videoing the photographs and it made the whole thing look awkward (which you don't need to be reminded of!) But there were a few samples that caught some really candid moments and looked very professional. I'm 50/50 about getting one but I think we'll stick to the camcorder and some poor relative!
cardsbykaren Posts: 119
We didn't have one either but we did set up our own camcorder for the speeches. Everyone takes so many photos at weddings now that you get to see all that was going etc but after the day it is very hard to remember the speeches try as you might. We set the cam corder up on a tripod, one of our friends hit the on button and that was it, I'm delighted we did it. Hubby said some lovely things about me, he'd be biased though but what touched me was what my two BIL said about me, they said some lovely stuff :ooh and if we hadnt had the video i wouldn't remember half of it. its definately an option if you dont' want the expense and/or intrustion of a videographer. Karen