Are you having

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Miss KC Posts: 104
Canapes on arrival at the hotel?
ChloeOct06 Posts: 1466
we're getting married at 12, meal at 5.. people will be fainting/falling down drunk otherwise
Wifey-Pooh Posts: 2125
We're having a 2 or 2.30 wedding so probably not as the meal will be about 6. Hope people have the sense to eat something before they come to the church! I know I never do.... :oops:
Anonymous Posts: 24542
LoloOct08 Posts: 343
I'm the same as ChloeOct06 - 12:00 ceremony so will definitely have some kind of nibbles.
Miss KC Posts: 104
can i ask how much your canapes are costing? Ours is working out about 400 euros for 90 people which is another big expense in my book!
Christmas B Posts: 6191
No, church is at 1:30pm and dinner is at 5:30pm!! Hummm but not 100% sure on it though!!
wooby Posts: 685
as a guest I would not be expecting them..for any wedding I have been to we always eat something before I go... all be a sambo and cuppa.. doesn't everyone else?????
ChloeOct06 Posts: 1466
[quote:28tylo3y]as a guest I would not be expecting them..for any wedding I have been to we always eat something before I go... all be a sambo and cuppa.. doesn't everyone else?????[/quote:28tylo3y] to be fair.. as a guest i never expect them either.. in fact i've only seen them at one wedding ever.. but neither do i remember to have a sambo before i go. we wouldn't have them if we were getting married at 2 or after.. it's just that people have to leave before 11 for the church.. and they won't get another bite until 5.30 but if i was at 2... NO WAY would i have them. people don't appreciate them for the extra cost they are.
soon to be mrs N Posts: 28
Going to have some canapes. Ceremony at 1.30pm and then dinner at about 6. I think its good to have them, most weddings i've been to alot of people are pretty tipsy by the time dinner starts. I think having some canapes will somewhat stop people getting legless!!!