Are you naming your reception tables?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Relaxedbridetobe Posts: 201
Hi Just wondering if you are using names instead of numbers on your tables and if so, what are you naming them? I'm thinking of landmarks of the city we got engaged in, New York (ie Central Park, Empire State etc) or my hubby to be is mad into football, so his favourite football stadiums. A little less romantic!
Anonymous Posts: 24542
oooh I think the landmarks are a lovely idea - I'd go with that My hubby is in sales so we are going with the different brands he sells - I don't want to give too much away but the guests are familiar with his products and will twig straight away - I'm hoping they'll find it funny!!!!!
montagne Posts: 1849
[quote="Relaxedbridetobe":11x2u6r1]Hi Just wondering if you are using names instead of numbers on your tables and if so, what are you naming them? I'm thinking of landmarks of the city we got engaged in, New York (ie Central Park, Empire State etc) or my hubby to be is mad into football, so his favourite football stadiums. A little less romantic![/quote:11x2u6r1] Id go with the second option as not everyone there will know where you got engaged. We're naming the tables, as himself hates table numbers on stands with a passion. Dont ask me why. Hes odd.
05/09 Bride Posts: 397
My H2B is big into Horse Racing and we're thinking of names of horses.
[quote="05/09 Bride":ogt7335m]My H2B is big into Horse Racing and we're thinking of names of horses.[/quote:ogt7335m] What table will you name Shergar? :o0
suggles Posts: 186
I was thinking of giving tables the names of films that have weddings in them... Love Actually, The Wedding Date etc Either that or love songs..
[quote="suggles":nlukyw1h]I was thinking of giving tables the names of films that have weddings in them... Love Actually, The Wedding Date[/quote:nlukyw1h] Four Wedidngs and a Funeral, Runaway Bride, Americna Pie; The Wedding :wv
cremebrulee Posts: 8546
I think the landmarks is a good idea... it's a bit more gender neutral than football unless you're into that too??? We're thinking of naming our tables after Alfred Hitchcock films as we both love them. Haven't decided for definite though!
Nicey Posts: 200
We named the tables places that held a special place in our hearts... city where we got engaged, first holiday together, town we first lived together, where we met, etc. I think naming the tables makes it that little bit more personal :compress best of luck *)
[quote="dafbird":cq6ubjab]We're naming our tables with different models of vintage tractors, my whole family is tractor mad & H2B has caught the bug. Be something unusual![/quote:cq6ubjab] What? Thats hilarious! Will you have a picture of each tractor too? That would be great.