Are you taking H2Bs surname? - Page 3

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

anonymousbridetobe Posts: 1563
Jejum, that's a difficult boat for you to be in and feel your pain. My H2B says he honestly doesn't mind if I don't take his name - I think his family will though. Need to start stating my case now cos there's no way they are going to be calling me Mrs X!! Maybe he'll change his mind? I'm also hoping that in time after being married I too may feel differently about it too. Here's hoping!
Mama2 Posts: 1230
[quote="superstarshejay":1g6uh7rz]Jejum, that's a difficult boat for you to be in and feel your pain. My H2B says he honestly doesn't mind if I don't take his name - I think his family will though. Need to start stating my case now cos there's no way they are going to be calling me Mrs X!! Maybe he'll change his mind? I'm also hoping that in time after being married I too may feel differently about it too. Here's hoping![/quote:1g6uh7rz] We'll have to keep our fingers crossed! I just can't imagine using any name other than my own!
Lucy2007 Posts: 427
I will be taking may H2B name but not straight away Things like work im going to keep my own name for a while I have my own bank account will keep my own name on that and will change the joint one After the wedding ill introduce myself as Mrs x to people that ive just met but ill always be Ms x to all my friends and family But my passport is up next May so will change that and will change my driving license