Are you taking other supplements apart from folic acid?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Woodstock Posts: 1565
I've only been taking folic acid ever since finding out I was PG, now I'm wondering should i start other pregnancy supplements? (Or should I have done this earlier and is it too late now?) Are you taking anything else apart from folic acid?? Thx
Mammyof2Princesses Posts: 3745
No our consultant said no need to and also told me I could stop with folic acid *)
Woodstock Posts: 1565
oh great, thanks. So the folic acid is only for the first 12 weeks? In that case I've only 1 week to go :o)ll Private scan next week, but i'll be going to hospital when I'll be 15 weeks so early January, should I stay on it until I'm told otherwise?
Emme Posts: 4735
I'm taking Sanatogen pro natel, it had folic acid in it as well and I just felt because I have unpredictable eating days it would be best to have a backup to make sure I'm getting all my vitamins and stuff. Especially the old iron!
oddwire Posts: 842
Folic acid is just for first 12 weeks but I carried on taking it as there was some left in the box - didn't see that it would do me any harm! Again, consultant (who I met at 14 weeks) asked had I finished with it, told me not to bother with it anymore.
Mammyof2Princesses Posts: 3745
maybe stay on it til your told otherwise, but he told me the folic acid has done its job by week 12 anyway, could you ask your gp if you can come off it??
Dora the explorer Posts: 1570
I am taking pregnacare planning on staying on it
ellee Posts: 666
Taking pregnacare & calcium. Plan to do so through the pregnancy tho I think you're right and it is most important for the first trimester when the bones and major organs are forming. But I definitely notice a health benefit, my nails are hugely improved and I haven't had a cold since returning from australia in august! Hope Ihaven't jinxed it! *)
redwifey Posts: 2932
My consultant recommended Pregnacare so I am taking that.
Finished here Posts: 2860
I had been seeing a nutritioist to help me get pg cos of annovulation and pcos and went to her when it finally happenned and she recommended Mum omega, vit d3 (for calcium and bones) probiotics to help prevent stomach probs in baby, perfect prenatal by new chapter and vit b complex plus vitamin c and obviously folic acid ! It sounds like a lot but most i take first thing in morn and it comforts me cos ive been so ill :-8