Are you wearing a veil?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

ShinyBride Posts: 418
I just can't decide. People says it's the only time you get to wear one and they look great in photos, but I just don't know if it's too fussy?
lorrimar Posts: 837
I am, I think it looks fab in photos and just adds to the overall look. I'm planning on getting a plain single tier veil with no lace or bling.
ClairebearO Posts: 80
I'm not. My mum really wanted me to and I said I would consider it when I actually got my dress. When it arrived, I tried on a few veils, but they just didn't add anything to the overall look. In fact, my mum said it made me look a bit too "Virgin Mary" lol! I've seen plenty of brides that really suit them though. Go with your gut feeling.
CoolInterestingUserName Posts: 326
I am, its a gorgeous two tier veil with a ribbon trim The first tier stops just under my bust and the second will be cathedral length It really adds to the over all look and feels very right for me. Going to walk up the aisle with the first tier over my face and all. In for a penny and all that! :custum59 Have you tried any? I know I had to try all on in the shop, and only really liked the one I picked with my dress.
lisavd Posts: 63
I'd just try some on with your dress and see if you like the look and feel comfortable. If you like it go for it! If you don't feel all that comfortable you should better leave it. No point wearing one just for the sake of seizing the one opportunity to wear one. But definitely try it, I was positively surprised when I put one on in the shop how well it suited me and how bridal it looked so I decided to go for it even though I wasn't too pushed at first.
MrsSparkle2B Posts: 1689
Yes, single tier cathedral length with fine lace edging. However I will be taking it off after few photos as don't want to be wearing it in all of them. And def won't be wearing it in hotel.
[quote="MrsSparkle2B":gz7qu1uq]Yes, single tier cathedral length with fine lace edging. However I will be taking it off after few photos as don't want to be wearing it in all of them. And def won't be wearing it in hotel.[/quote:gz7qu1uq] Good idea! Hadn't thought of taking it off for some of the photos!! Have tried one on and my mum and bridesmaids think I should, so maybe for the church and some photos, then take it off before the meal!
nosie Posts: 449
I tried one on, and my mum adored it but I felt like a super hero wearing a cape so I said no. Think they lovely on other brides though. I just know I'd be fighting with it, and tripping up on it all the time.
Lol nosie, I'm a bit worried about tripping / the super hero effect too, but my BM said she'd keep an eye on it!
craftyPB Posts: 2625
I had one and wore it for the church only. It was tulle one and I found it just kept getting caught in the detailing on the dress, so I whipped it off after the church. My dress had a open back and quite a deep v at the front, so I used the veil for a bit of modesty in the church.