are your Other halves getting swine flu vaccine!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

kala Posts: 1937
due baby number 2 in january and made the hardest decision of my life to get swine flu vaccine last week. just a bit worried now that hubby could get swine flu and bring it home to me, ds and the new baby or else knowing my luck contract it around the time i'm due to give birth- i so want him to get it but he's refusing- am i being over paranoid now. hoping to get ds vaccinated as with a newbaby on d way i don't know how i'd cope if ds got swine flu
pigeonwife Posts: 3789
You can get your DS vaccinated straight away as I believe children are on the high risk list (was at clinic today and loads of kids were there). Your DH will have to wait until the vaccine is on general release unless he has an illness that puts him in a high risk group.
he has asthma but not constantly on inhalers ie if he got a bad cold he'd be reaching out for the inhaler. thinking of getting ds done next week when i chat to my gp on fri
jmeath Posts: 5740
I asked DH to get it so i think he will be in a few weeks when its rolled out to everyone.
tilsun Posts: 4506
I'm not due until late March so hoping the worst will be over. I think if I was due sooner I would want him to get it, just so I wouldn't have to worry or keep baby away from him if he was feeling a but under the weather.
pigeonwife Posts: 3789
If he has asthma he should definitely get it. I have bronchial asthma (probably the same as him, wouldn't take inhaler all the time) and it does make you way more at risk as for me even a cold can go into my chest so would not like to see what havoc swine flu could reek. Aside from that he should get it for the babies sake so that he won't catch and pass on the infection to the baby once it's born. Maybe you could ask him to take your DS - you know as an example - make it more about your DS than your DH. Good luck!
lollyfp Posts: 2441
Hi, i got my vaccine in the USA while on holiday and luckily they offered it to DH as well. initially he said no as he said to give it to someone more high risk but they said if he'll be caring for a newborn then he is very much in the important category that need to get it done. hopefully husbands can get it here soon too! x
Gingham Posts: 3014
my hubbie got it two weeks ago,as he is a frontline healthcare worker.
Mrs C at last Posts: 1672
I have had mine, and DS gets bronchialitis so he got his yesterday. My GP said DH cant get his till it is offered to everyone. DH is raging, he really wanted to get it as didnt want to contact SF and bring it into the house. Once vaccinated though, you will be immune for life. And baby will be immune for 6 months from birth, so as long as your DH is the only one in the house not vaccinated, the rest of you should hopefully be ok.
thanks for the replies girls. think i'll be booking him in whether he likes it or not or else i won't be hosting the inlaws forxmas dinner- tis terrible the way you have to black mail them