Argh! Corrie's Maria stole my wedding dress!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

sarhar101 Posts: 381
Ok, a wee bit of a dilemma here. Judging by the pictures I've seen in the RTE Guide and in The Sun newspaper, next week in Corrie Maria goes to try on wedding dresses and has a massive confrontation with Carla - wearing my wedding dress!! Now, the H2B is a big Corrie fan too. Do I: i) Not say anything, let him watch the episodes and have him say (potentially critical) comments about the dress she's wearing, ii) Tell him not to watch, explain why, then run the risk of him seeing it elsewhere, or iii) Attempt to keep him away from the TV for Monday, Wednesday, Friday and the omnibus eopisodes on Saturday and Sunday and keep mum? She could have at least gone for a meringue... :o0 Sx
Higgs particle Posts: 4557
Personally I'd say nothing. mem are men, your wwedding is five months away, I'm sure he won't remember her dress when your weddings goes around. What dress is it, if you don't mind me asking??
Higgs particle Posts: 4557
Personally I'd say nothing. mem are men, your wwedding is five months away, I'm sure he won't remember her dress when your weddings goes around. What dress is it, if you don't mind me asking??
Betsy May Posts: 2168
Say nothing - he's a bloke. He won't be thinking about it, he won't remember one wedding dress on TV and the weddings not for nearly 6 months. Plus it will be so different for him seeing you in it on the day the last thing he will be doing is racking his brains to remember where he saw it before. If you tell him and he accidentally sees it he'll remember it.
sarhar101 Posts: 381
I guess you're right. I'd be devastated if he said "look at your one in that dress, state of that on her!" when she reveals the frock. I'm sure he won't (Maria's hardly been beaten with the ugly stick, now!), but if he made a negative comment about the dress I'd be gutted!! I'll distract him with food when it comes on... :o0
Italy07 Posts: 5409
Just try and bite you tongue and say nothing!!!
Lizzy1 Posts: 4128
Sure he won't even remember the dress by the time your wedding comes around. If he's anything like my H2B i could wear my dress around the house for the next 5 months and he still wouldn't recognise it on the day :o0 :o0
happy08mrs Posts: 624
dont think your h2b will even remember the dress - sure the wedding is months away yet - i am like lizzy1 on this - i could wear mine everyday too and he would not remember it - say nothing and just go to loo when that bit is on if you dont want to hear him say anything -
milis Posts: 7998
Say nothing. But I'll be watching out for it now :o0
Milly83 Posts: 3620
Say nothing. Chances are, he won't even comment on the dress! But personally, I would be devestated then if he said he didn't like it.... Hmm, maybe arrange something else at that time and don't watch it, just in case!!!!!!!