Menu

Armani Foundation??

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Maybethisyear13 Posts: 992
Hi ladies, I have seen threads on WOL before from women using Armani foundation and saying that they loved it but no one ever mentioned what type it was. I was in BT yesterday and had a look and have fallen in love with their "Designer" foundation. It made my hand look amazing!!!!!!! It is €65 which is the most I have ever spent on foundation so before I buy I wanted to see if anyone has used it? Thanks for any help. :thnk
eileenf99 Posts: 396
I use the luminous silk,this is their most popular one.Its about €35 in think.I always get comments on how great my skin is with it and i dont have great skin to be honest.The only thing i have heard some people say is that they thought it was a bit yellow,but i prefer a yellow based foundation than a pink one.Go in and get one of the girls to put some on you or ask for a sample before you buy it maybe?
montagne Posts: 1849
Luminous silk is the one I use too. It is in Dublin duty free so if you're going through soon, save your money and buy it there.
Miss Indecisive Posts: 996
[quote="montagne":3m4p49kt]Luminous silk is the one I use too. It is in Dublin duty free so if you're going through soon, save your money and buy it there.[/quote:3m4p49kt] me three, use this too, luminous silk is the best!
Thanks a million ladies. I'll go in on pay day and try this one so!
tab25 Posts: 46
hey, ive been using this foundation for a couple of months now and love it. it come in a lovely glass jar with its own brush. i was a big fan of lumnous silk and when i went to get some more the girl asked if i have tried the new designer one and now im hooked! its a little pricey but well worth it. the coverage is fantastic. here is the link to it. i think i paid 65 euro in bt's for it. http://www.giorgioarmanibeauty.com/_en/ ... OUNDATIONS hope this helps!
That's brilliant, thanks so much tab25, that is the one I was looking at. It's great to hear from someone so has used that and the other. I think I will have to invest!!!!!!
mrs08 Posts: 1220
Ive just got a sample of the designer wear foundation. The girl in the shop told me it was for more mature / dehydrated skin but for a wedding it would give you more coverage than the luminous silk foundation. It's the luminous silk I use at the moment but will be trying the other one out soon :wv
Bree Van De Kamp Posts: 1275
[quote="tab25":124uz80o]it come in a lovely glass jar with its own brush[/quote:124uz80o] Does it come with the brush now? Frick, I was robbed so :o0 I have both the Luminous Silk and Designer Shaping Foundations. The designer one gives better coverage and the luminous silk one is a little more matt to my eye anyway. I find the luminous silk a little more dry.....as in it dries quite quickly so you have to blend fast....because of this I find it works better for me anyway in the summer when your skin tends to be less dry, I use the designer shaping in winter when my skin is a little drier or when I just need a little more coverage. Either one are really nice and make sure you try out the shades in both as I have shade 4 in the luminous silk and 4.5 in designer shaping cause they're not exactly the same colours. HTH and have fun trying them out.
tab25 Posts: 46
are you sure you ahve the right one? it always came with a brush. "Integrated expert shaping brush : allows for the most smooth and natural buildable coverage." "Available in a range of 6 tailor made shades. Brush included with product." http://www.giorgioarmanibeauty.com/_en/ ... OUNDATIONS anyway, i agree with you. it is more for winter than summer as it is a much heavier foundation. i use my iluminous silk in the summer. i use no. 5. the reason its heavier is because it has a powder built into it. i think the reason they say its for more mature skin is because it hides fine lines very well. anyway, i love it....one of the best foundations i have used in a long time. :lvs