Arnica tablets

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Lauri Posts: 195
Hi girls, I was in a chemist today looking for arnica tablets and the chemist said that she wouldnt advise taking them as they can cause actually cause bleeding!!! Just wondering do any of you know anything about this??? :-8
seans missus Posts: 1381
I got mine in a local health food shop. I think Holland and Barrett stock them too. They were recommended by our midwife. I've never heard of them making you bleed.
seans missus Posts: 1381
I just took them the day I had my daughter and then for a few days after. I didn't have any side effects from them. Here is a link to information about arnica: http://www.homeopathyworld.com/arnica_rules.htm http://www.babycentre.co.uk/pregnancy/l ... hattopack/
AmandaMc Posts: 1813
Def not she must be mistaken! Just take it after labour though. Most pharmacies only do lower dose arnica (20 or 30cc). If you can get to Nelsons in Dublin (or they prob do mail order) they do high dose 200c.
Delphinium Posts: 3027
[quote="AmandaMc":ik4l8jbv]Def not she must be mistaken! Just take it after labour though. Most pharmacies only do lower dose arnica (20 or 30cc). If you can get to Nelsons in Dublin (or they prob do mail order) they do high dose 200c.[/quote:ik4l8jbv] As I understand it, you are wasting your time unless you are taking the 200c strength. I took them after my C-Section in November and I did make a very quick recovery - started taking them a couple days after my section when I remembered that I had brought them! I had totally forgotten them until I found them in my wash bag!
Lauri Posts: 195
Thanks girls ya i was really surprised when she told me about them!!!! Thanks again :o)ll
gottabfp Posts: 5641
Doopey bum here but what are they used for..
AmandaMc Posts: 1813
It's a herb which is supposed to help healing of bruises/torn muscles/swelling/tears etc.
ructions Posts: 2689
I used the Nelson's arnica and healed very well and quickly. Although now I'd say more of that was down to the skill of the consultant who stitched me than the arnica.