Menu

Arrival Reception

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

kazza2ky4 Posts: 46
Hi Wols We have decided to go with the usual tea and coffee on arrival and our hotel are letting us bring our own tray bakes and short bread etc. We are just wondering how much short bread and tray bakes to buy. We have invited 115 people, should we buy more or less than one tray bake each? Any suggestions?????
ciaraella Posts: 5323
From listening to other people it sounds like guests can be pretty hungry when they arrive at the hotel, i'd err on the side of caution and have a good lot of food!
Bluelagoon Posts: 650
Is a tray bake a biscuit - sorry never heard of them! If you are having kids at the weddng I'd opt for more than 1 per person as kids tend to just grab loads of food :) Also if a big gap between arriving at hotel and dinner being served people will want to fill up before they get drunk :hic :hic
kazza2ky4 Posts: 46
Sorry yeah a tray bake is a biscuit - caramel square, fifteens etc
buddylove Posts: 3288
they sound tastey! Would you need 2 per person i wonder? Better to have too many than too little? We were only talking about this at the weekend. Our hotel is nearly 50 mins from the church but hotel is doing some hot food on arrival for guests. Just as I know alot of ppl are having an early start and will be starving after the church we were saying should we do sandwiches at our local before ppl head off on the road! I know ppl will be stopping for a drink anyways so we said would it be better to do it that way? (sorry for bursting in on your thread it just popped into my mind again when i saw this.