Arrrrrrgghhh so annoyed!!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

McLisa Posts: 1815
Girls I'm so fuming! We got married in Spain just over a month ago and got our DVD in post yesterday. Money was a bit tight coming up to wedding so we opted for full day edit in camera package with no editing after wedding so basically just all our footage on a DVD lasting about 3 hours. I was so excited about watching it and it went brilliantly up until point after meal where one of the groomsmen went around interviewing people for video. It is awful, his language Is atrocious, he basically did most of talking himself telling stories about my husband which were fine for the lads down the pub not for a wedding video! Out of our 60 guests he interviewed about 15 and was even heard on the video saying 'I think I'm done here I dunno those people so I'm not interviewing them' at one stage the videographer had to remind him that it possibly wasn't gonna be edited and for rest of the interviews maybe he should assume it wasn't. As we got married abroad a lot of our family and a few grandparents couldn't make it so this was all I had to show them of the day and the interviews run for a good 40 mins, there's no way on earth I could ever show my grandparents it or anyone who was in anyway sensitive of if there was children in the room. We're now gonna have to go back to videographer and ask for edited version at cost of extra 500e which we can't really afford or else just fast forward a huge portion of our DVD everytime we show it to people. I'm half minded to ask him to cough up half the money!!! This should probably be in Let off Steam but I just needed to vent somewhere!
newshound Posts: 288
Ouch. But.... this groomsman is not a professional interviewer, and possibly was a bit tired and emotional at his friend's wedding! Perhaps the blame lies with the cameraman for not warning him before he began the interviews, or leaving it so late to warn him, or why didn't he do it himself?!
kinsale Posts: 458
...Or he might have been a bit tipsy himself! Probably seemed very funny to him at the tme but infuriating for you now. At my 1st wedding the videogragher cut out most of the best mans speech because it was so awful (didnt even ask me just cut it out because she saw how upset id been on the day..long story...had myself & 2 mothers in.tears cos was so innappropriate). Maybe try explaining to the video company and see if they'll take pity on you?? Or do you have a friend who's handy wo
kinsale Posts: 458
...Sorry was posting on my phone and it all went a bit funny! Do u have a friend who's handy with editing etc and can cut it short for you? I feel your pain! X
If you're handy, you can download good self-editing tools. There's one I use all the time on the iPad, called iMovie and if you upload the footage, it's pretty easy to chop things out.
The camera woman did interviews with immediate family on morning of wedding which is good but generally they ask one of the wedding party to go around and ask guests for message for bride and groom. This was just awful, the same guy is engaged to a girl who has a very religious family so he's no stranger to being polite and turning on the charm it just seems he forgot himself and thought video would be for our viewing only and not our families. I think I'm most annoyed that my gran is really unwell and couldn't go to wedding and doesn't have long left and I wanted her to see the video this weekend and now I'm gonna have to be extra careful with it
candlequeen Posts: 991
Firstly pet, calm down. You did nothing wrong and should not fork out a penny more. Secondly, the videographer shouldn't have issued you with a copy of something that contains foul language. I would contact them and tell them that. Don't worry about other people - show them the footage, and when you get to the bad bits it doesn't reflect badly on you, just on him. And he is probably mortified anyway, in years to come you'll probably be laughing about it. Please don't let it tarnish your lovely memories xxx
The previous poster is right, but can I ask, did you or the videographer nominate said groomsman? Of it was the video guy, then you have a case for a reedit.
what we got on dvd was the package we agreed on, our package was the whole day, edit in camera, so all the footage and then we have the option of having it edited after the day if we so wish into a 20 min version or a documentary style version. I wasnt really that bothered as we had all the footage but as i was watching it i thought the 20 min version would be nice and by the end i was thinking we definitely need it now :yelrotflmaosmilie: DH didnt really have one best man, he had three and they each had their job to do, one did the speech, other did rings and signing of register and the other one organised the stag and was helping with the video, but this is the same man so got completely sloshed the night before the wedding at the drinks reception and didnt fulfill his job of going round telling people what time to be at the church. I got hubby and the other best man who did the speeches to watch it last night and they were in shock, other best man actually felt awful as he said he should have done it himself but theres nothing can be changed now we'll just have to get it sorted and edited out. thanks for all the help girls! O-O
redgp Posts: 1681
[quote="candlequeen":gb736lja]Firstly pet, calm down. You did nothing wrong and should not fork out a penny more. Secondly, the videographer shouldn't have issued you with a copy of something that contains foul language. I would contact them and tell them that. Don't worry about other people - show them the footage, and when you get to the bad bits it doesn't reflect badly on you, just on him. And he is probably mortified anyway, in years to come you'll probably be laughing about it. Please don't let it tarnish your lovely memories xxx[/quote:gb736lja] Firstly CONGRATULATIONS! +1 I would be blaming the videographer for allowing bad language into the film and insist it gets taken out. Also contact the wedding co-ordinator (I presume you had one if you got married abroad) and get their support on the issue. It doesn't reflect badly on you. I'm sure the groomsman was tipsy/excited.