Artificial or fresh flowers?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

mameme Posts: 94
We've had to reduce our budget recently due to *ahem* issues so I'm trying to figure out where to cut costs. We've already decided not to book a band and go for dj only but now I'm wondering artificial or fresh flowers? I know the artificial ones are much cheaper but I'm not sure whether it will look too cheap. Can anyone who has looked at/done either please give me their opinions? Thanks! :thnk
cremebrulee Posts: 8546
Some wollies had artifical flowers before and said that some people didn't even realise that they weren't real! You also have the added bonus of them not wilting! If you wanted fresh flowers, have you tried just getting the bare minimum? If you're near Kildare, I know a great flower person who is not too expensive and is happy to work with brides and whatever budget they have and will recommend ways to cut costs too.
allaboutweddings Posts: 813
Hi Funghie, We supply silk flowers and crystal bouquets and you can see samples of them on the website - we also have a showroom in Redcross Co. Wicklow and you are welcome to make an appointment and come and have a look at them yourself. The ones on the website can be adapted to suit any colour or theme. We also have rental items arch, bay trees, pew ends, church arrangements, centrepieces etc., which may cut down on the cost. If you have any queries please don't hesitate to contact me. Michelle :wv
ScarlettoHara Posts: 8442
I had silk flowers and not one person realised they were not real! I was delighted with them, got the colour I wanted which I wouldnt have got with real flowers. They cost me about 130 euro for the whole lot from Ebay. I now have them in a vase they look lovely! Heres a picture. If you want to see any more pictures have a look for my wedding report there is more there :wv [img:1j6d99gm]http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq117/fifibearwedding/fb12.jpg[/img:1j6d99gm]
babyd2bnumber2 Posts: 351
Hi funghie, Why don't you go for a candle light ceremony and perhaps some foliage? For the reception table center pieces you could go for a couple of small inexpensive vases filled with some roses - you can buy bunches in tesco for 3.99 euro, you could split these across 2 vases, then surround with tea lights and dried rose petals that you can buy cheap online...? Personally I wouldn't fancy an artificial bouquet, but I'm sure there are plenty of realistic ones available...? Hope this helps, Good luck
MrsOC09 Posts: 1175
Im having artifical flowers, i think it is nice to have somethign to keep on to afterward!
mmgirish Posts: 617
I would never notice if someone had real flowers or not. Go for it!
babyd2bnumber2 Posts: 351
fifibear your flowers were lovely, I'm so surprised that they are silk!
marianf Posts: 5845
I had silk flowers too and nobody noticed, however I don't think I would consider them to be a cheap option. Depends on what you want I suppose.
wishin&hoping Posts: 3666
Try this link if you are looking at silk flowers