Astrogirl feeling terrible

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

soulful Posts: 1697
Well you would think that I would be feeling great today after hearing the heartbeat of my baby yesterday when I was told I was probably miscarrying, ( but I am so anxious. My anxiety is gone through the roof in the past week. There is an awful lot going on with my family at the moment and Im finding it hard to just snap back into place how I was 2 weeks ago. Im anxious and not eating. Everything I try eat I get sick from the smell of it. I just want to be relaxed again. I have booked to see my g.p in the morning first thing to tell her how Im feeling. I also feel so guilty that Im pregnant and my brother and his gf just lost their baby stillborn 3 weeks ago at nearly 8 months. And guess what - Just found out last night that my other brothers wife was 6 weeks pregnant and miscarried over the weekend but didnt want to let me know until after my scan yesterday. I know I shouldnt feel guilty but I just do. Im really anxious too, first thing in the morning when I wake up I have a dreaded feeling of doom. It takes me an hour or two to come around and even at that I am still getting bouts of anxiousness throughout the day. Wish it would stop I just want to be happy and I know I should be happy and realise how lucky I am that I didnt miscarry but its in my head and I cannot control it at the moment. I have the most wonderful husband and 7 year old son and a great family. We are all so close, my parents are going through a very hard time at the moment too and this has been on my mind. Not with each other but financially my dad could be about to face a big loss of money through something he overlooked. They are very resourceful though my dad is like a star to me and my mother. I just feel so bad.
Psycho Sue Posts: 1875
Hey astrogirl, I couldn't read and not reply. Firstly, ((((((((hugs))))))). There is absolutely nothing wrong with you feeling anxious! I had a threatened miscarriage at the beginning of my pregnancy, and it is very scary. On top of that, you have had your family go through some tough times, and because its so close to the bone with you being pregnant, you naturally feel anxious/upset/compassion to both your brothers who are having difficult times. Hunny, you need to just try to get into your mind, that you need to think positive for your baby. You have a little blessing/miracle growing inside you, and while things are tough now its only temporary!!! This time next year, everything could be settled with you, your 2 brothers and your parents! There is nothing wrong with worrying about loved ones at all, so don't feel bad for it, but try to focus on the good things, like good health with you and your baby/ and your brother and their partners, and your parents to! Money matters are worrying, but can be sorted... your good health is your most treasured asset - try to focus on good things in the mornings, to get you over that slump, and remember, your hormones aren't making things easy on your either at the mo! Hope you feel better soon. :action32 sue
soulful Posts: 1697
[quote="Psycho Sue":c7hb3b63]Hey astrogirl, I couldn't read and not reply. Firstly, ((((((((hugs))))))). There is absolutely nothing wrong with you feeling anxious! I had a threatened miscarriage at the beginning of my pregnancy, and it is very scary. On top of that, you have had your family go through some tough times, and because its so close to the bone with you being pregnant, you naturally feel anxious/upset/compassion to both your brothers who are having difficult times. Hunny, you need to just try to get into your mind, that you need to think positive for your baby. You have a little blessing/miracle growing inside you, and while things are tough now its only temporary!!! This time next year, everything could be settled with you, your 2 brothers and your parents! There is nothing wrong with worrying about loved ones at all, so don't feel bad for it, but try to focus on the good things, like good health with you and your baby/ and your brother and their partners, and your parents to! Money matters are worrying, but can be sorted... your good health is your most treasured asset - try to focus on good things in the mornings, to get you over that slump, and remember, your hormones aren't making things easy on your either at the mo! Hope you feel better soon. :action32 sue[/quote:c7hb3b63] Thanks for your message. I have suffered with anxiety/depression for 2 years now and have been on medication since last january and it has helped me enormously. Im not sure what the doctor will say whether she will take me off it or what? I just want to feel a bit better in myself. so I can cope with all these emotions I am feeling. Im such an emotional person by nature and feel everyone elses problems quite deeply.
tilsun Posts: 4506
It sounds like you've been through so much in the past few months, what a tough time. It's always hard to disassociate ourselves from the problems our loved ones are having but it seems like you're going to have to try. As Psycho Sue said, you have to focus on your own little miracle and be positive for him/her and the rest of your little family. Your baby will in time bring so much happiness to all your family, even if they are not in a place to feel it right now. Did you find exercise, meditation or anything else helpful for your anxiety in the past? Maybe try them again now, and definitely chat to your doc about how you're feeling. Best of luck :wv