Athlone restaurants?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Babs Aug08 Posts: 828
Have already been to The Olive Grove, and other nice fancy schmancy restaurants in Athlone worth a visit?? :thnk
marles Posts: 1397
There are lots of love restaurants in Athlone. If you want really fancy and in my opinion a little over priced then try [u:3h7pnns1]"The Left Bank Bistro",[/u:3h7pnns1]Excellent Thai food [u:3h7pnns1]King Khao[/u:3h7pnns1]-fabulous. Hatters well priced not the most amazing dessertsbut wonderful food.The continue to Gerties above it for good drinking and great company. The old location of the Olive Grove[u:3h7pnns1]-"Thyme"[/u:3h7pnns1] restaurant really nice there is one waitress there and she has no manners and is brutal.The others are quite good. Pizza Mama is grand,bring your own wine/drink not a major fan myself. Di Bella again cheap and cheeful does what it says on the tin-good food and a good price not amazing. All are located on the old side of town except for Thyme and Hatters,these are near Burgess and AIB near the bridge. Athlone is a great town to eat out in.There are lots of restaurants :wv
Lizzie02 Posts: 2624
Would second Kin Khao Thai
hipbaby Posts: 4530
[quote="Lizzie02":3dz46pjt]Would second Kin Khao Thai [/quote:3dz46pjt] gorgeous! if you want to go little outside the town the wineport in glasson is lovely for a real treat! and lovely cocktails O-O
hipbaby Posts: 4530
still there, nice fod there but gone bit dingy think!
marles Posts: 1397
Pavarotti's is still very busy.The food is supposed to be grand,I never ate their myself,so can't speak on that.I do know that many people I know go there regularly. I feel wineport is over priced and too far out for both people to drink a taxi would be pricey!Also in town there are better restaurants.Also there are many nice pubs for afters if you fancy it!
FunnyFace Posts: 225
My husband and I stayed in Wineport and then ate in Thyme over the weekend. I have to say it was absolutely delicious and comparable to the food in Wineport iteslf. The co-owner, Tara, is a lovely woman and we had a great night. Excellent value too.
claire sheerin Posts: 295
Pavarottis is fantastic, The Left Bank is very popular, I've never been but is supposed to be out of this world. Ken's Chinese is gorgeous too if you like chinese food. The Wineport is fabulous also, quiet expensive. In Glasson village you could try Grogans they do the most amazing food, it's my favourite restaurant and it's a very relaxed atmosphere. Claire
BusyDee Posts: 8527
[quote="BouncyL":2ewi5rao] Does anyone know is Pavarotti's Italian restaurant is still open? It used to be lovely.[/quote:2ewi5rao] It is. I ate there a few weeks ago and have to say it was yum! Although it was a bit on the chilly side in the restaurant and could really do with a revamp! Another fanastic place is Pizza Mama. Excellent food and service but book well in advance as they are always busy!! HTH
mrstee Posts: 927
have to say hatters lane bistro is my fav. The food is amazing. You have to get the tobelerone cheesecake. . Delicious! We have been to the olive grove a few times since it moved and its really gone downhill big time. We will never go back, sad cause its where we had our first date. . :xxx have never been to pavarottis, heard a lot of bad rumours bout the place.